Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Say Anything Wednesday

Re: Say Anything Wednesday

• Options
    tnickel06tnickel06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, time has been passing by SLOW this week.

I am so ready for this wedding to be over with because I am tired of planning. I should have hired a wedding planner.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yes, it's only Wednesday.  I think I'm a little grumpy today.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Tnickel, I like your new sig pic :)

I'm doing yoga after work tonight and I'm so excited about it!  I've been looking forward to it ever since last Wednesday. 

What's the link to put your blog in your signature?  I can't remember how to do it...I wish it wasn't that hard.
  • Options
    stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I love Lost and I can't wait until next Tuesday! 

I enjoy doing tax returns.  Well, my own at least.  I'm going to work on ours this weekend since we finally have all of our documents ready to go, and I can't wait for a big refund.  :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Steph,
    Bill and I are going to do our taxes together and then separately to see what gets us more (if at all).  I enjoy doing my own taxes because it was very easy and simple.  However, now there's all the house business and Bill's going to see if we can get a deduction of some sort for the three new Energy Star appliances we got.  

• Options
    edited December 2011
    hope I don't hit anyone's nerve with this..  but it really bugs me

I am getting tired of people saying that we need to be helping our own instead of helping Haiti. Get a reality check. Compared to the people oh Haiti, the poor people of the US have it great. People need to stop looking at it as helping another country, but helping other people.. your neighbors!!! No one is saying that if you are currently helping the misfortunate of the US that you should stop and help those of Haiti instead, but why not dig a little deeper and try to help both?? If you only had PB and J to feed your family, and the family next door had nothing at all, would you not share that PB and J?? Let go of the mindset of greed!!!

rant over.. never to be brought up again Cool
  • Options
    edited December 2011

To kind of piggy back on Nae's SA....

I love the Italians.  I think they're great.  But I really thought their PM (or whoever) was being a real DB the other day when he said that Americans weren't providing real help, only celebrity power.  I also think that the French demanding to be in control of the aid/assistance is a ridiculous idea.  They left there and are no longer in charge. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree with you Rene.  That irritates me, too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the whole Haiti thing.  I heard on Kidd Kraddick this morning that children in Haiti were eating pieces of buildings because they were so hungry.  And we are only providing celebrity power?  Okay, but I know of two celebrities off the top of my head that donated $1M each - that's two ppl - I'm sure as a country we have donated a hell of a lot of money.

Other than that I'm a real crappy mood today.  My body has some sort of sinus infection/respiratory crap going on.  And it's only Wednesday.  And my plate is full.  Sorry - enough complaining.

I hope the wedding planning is going well, ladies!!
  • Options
    untsinguntsing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were in rehearsal last night until 11:45pm.  In Irving.

I live in Denton. 

I. Am. Exhausted.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in a grouchy mood too. Maybe it's something in the air?

The only positive thing I can say right now is that I'm now down 4 pounds. I went to the doctor on the 12th and was given a lecture for gaining 10 pounds. Well that kicked my butt into gear! I've been doing the P90X, I quit drinking cokes, and I'm eating better and I'm so happy with myself!

Juliebug, you say you can do your taxes together and seprate to see which way will get you more money? Is this easy to do? My dad's always done my taxes, but this year I'll be doing ours online.
  • Options
    untsinguntsing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just as an FYI to anyone who wants to file separately for the first time now that you're married...

When we tried that last year, it would NOT let us claim interest paid on our student loans if we filed separately.  Filing jointly allowed us to do that and it nearly doubled our refund. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Disclaimer: I'm not going to say which team it was in my post below.

I am SOOOOO glad that the team that did get voted out last night did on the Biggest Loser. What a pair of classless b!tches. This team gives their culture a bad name, they truly do. I was so happy when they left and totally vindicated when they acted the way they did when they left and got back home. Man, I'll take the girl that is supposedly cheeating according to Gillian, over these other ungrateful ppl.

• Options
    cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm on day 2 of the 30 day shred...although it is not as hard as when I did p90x it is still kicking my butt and I am sooo sore. I haven't worked out since October :( bad chelsea!

I was in a good mood until I got to work. I can't stand it when supervisor nit pick on every little thing you do. ugh!!

I'm tired of eating healthy but I want to lose weight sooo.....blah

Excited Damages started Monday whoo hoo!! And lost is finally back Im so beyond excited!!!
  • Options
    cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Emi I KNOW!!! My only wish was that some how they would pull a fast one and send them BOTH home!! I know it sounds evil but DANG they always had attitudes about everything!!

And Im so proud of Jillian for sticking to her guns and refusing to believe the red team because we all know they are full of crap. Your saying you lost 1 pound one week and worked out just as hard and lost 11 pounds this week!!! YEA FRIGIN RIGHT!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We don't have any student loans, so I guess we'd be ok trying either way??
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Our STDs came in yesterday! I am so excited to finally get the ball rolling on those! I was looking on my club board and some of the ladies were saying they are inviting knotties to their wedding if they had extra seats! Did anybody else do this? Or thought of this?

• Options
    untsinguntsing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had 4 Knotties come to my wedding. :-D

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I invited some knotties to my wedding.  Mandy, in fact :)
  • Options
    untsinguntsing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The fun thing about inviting Knotties to your wedding is that they understand.  For example, we didn't have the budget to invite them to the reception, but when I asked if they wanted to come to the ceremony, they graciously accepted and showed up with a very sweet gift and card.  It was nice to not have anyone get all butt-hurt about it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw thats sweet! I thought it was a great idea! I never thought about it and I can see what you mean about they understand. Why can't everybody be that way! It would make this whole planning process so much easier. There are some knotties I wished I could have went to their wedding to see everything come together. :)
  • Options
    Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is kind of neat. Right now we have maxed out our invite list, but who knows how many might come since 2/3 are OOT. The nice thing about the way we are doing our reception is the cost PP is pretty minimal. So who knows...maybe I'll have extra spots. If you can act like a crazy Italian or a stodgy German, you'll fit right in!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So, just when I think things are looking up, I get a call from my brother.  They did an MRI on my mom earlier and they finally think that she actually had a stroke.  Maybe six weeks ago.  In addition to the loopiness, she didn't recognize me for about ten seconds one day and she repeated herself a lot to me when I would come over to help out.  My brother said that she is crying and she just wants to go home and take care of my dad.  I am stuck here at school for a bit longer today. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw I am sorry Julie! I hope everything gets better for you and your family
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Julie, email me if you need anything.  emily.kaz319@gmail.com

My mother suffered from what we think were mini-strokes for about a week leading up to her major stroke, which is what killed her. I'm not trying to freak you out, but these things are super scary and I wanted to let you know if you needed anything or some advice, let me know. Be aware of any tests they do (or don't do), as well as any blood thinners they might give her.

Praying for you and your family!
  • Options
    tnickel06tnickel06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Mariah!

That sucks Julie, I hope your family stuff gets better because I know its been like this for awhile.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Julie I'm sorry to hear about your mother, I will keep her and your family in my prayers.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's one thing after another for you, Julie.  I'm sorry to be reading this but if you need anything, let us know!

I have Fade Into You by Mazzy Star stuck in my head.  I'm not complaining because it could be something so much worse.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Julie - I'm so sorry - you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. 
  • Options
    Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww...I'll keep her in my prayers Julie :(

Got the dress I ordered to wear at my shower from modcloth.com in (Only $22 on sale!)

Thoughts? I love the look of it, but not sure about how it looks on me...no matter what, I need to lose 10 lbs for this thing to fit properly. It also feels too short--does it look like it is?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards