July 2012 Weddings
Options

Long Engagement

Hey July Brides!
It is nice to see other people with long engagements like mine. My FI and I got engaged July 4, 2010 and decided not to get married until July 26, 2012 so we can graduate college and try and save up money. 

Unfortunately, I have run into weird snags when I tell people I am engaged. Has that happened to anyone else? 

Some people that hear I am engaged look at me funny and don't seem too excited for me because they think I am too young. I am 20, will be 22 when I get married, and will have been together with my Fi for over 5 years. It bothers me that they feel this way, but I know my FI is the one for me, and that is all that matters. 

Another thing that happens is when I tell people when the wedding is. They look at me weird again because the wedding is so far away. Most don't understand having an engagement so long. I agree it is a long engagement but we have our reasons. We want to finish school and save money. 

I am really excited for when the day comes, and have been enjoying the engagement and wedding planning so far but wish more people were excited for me. Has anyone else had this happen to them? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards