Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Can we just start FFF?

....Since some may be MIA tomorrow

Cause I'm slightly irritated with my family who wanted to have lunch today on their way from Houston to E Oklahoma. My dad msg'd me at 10am saying they were leaving and would be here after 2pm.  That's not lunch time, thank you very much.

Sadly, I suspect (no I KNOW) he was ready to go by 8am, but his wife is the one who lacks a sense of time and can't go anywhere before putting her makeup on, thus adding a significant delay.

Gotta love family.
~DFWs Resident Snark~
I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?

Re: Can we just start FFF?

• Options
    bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well i guess i'll flame the fact that my mother keeps trying to steal the ENTIRE christmas day. even though i've told her repeatedly that we're having christmas dinner with the FI father. We'll be at my parents all morning and afternoon...and she keeps acting so surprised when i tell her we can't spend the night. it's happened 4 times now in a matter of like 7 days....makes me feel guilty EVERYTIME....
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I know I said this yesterday, but I flame the phrase "scenic, indoors"

And I flame people who can't read a few posts down.

I also flame myself for helping said flames.

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_can-just-start-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c50037be-3cbf-49cc-8066-26f4e0aa7b3ePost:c328ce13-fd9e-4592-a381-ee26b6e89fc2">Re: Can we just start FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know I said this yesterday, but I flame the phrase "scenic, indoors" <strong>And I flame people who can't read a few posts down</strong>. I also flame myself for helping said flames.
    Posted by Paige0810[/QUOTE]

???

do tell
  • Options
    courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_can-just-start-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c50037be-3cbf-49cc-8066-26f4e0aa7b3ePost:25fb9c0c-11cd-47d3-be09-a0a32f02a006">Re: Can we just start FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we just start FFF? : ??? do tell
    Posted by bigbabyface[/QUOTE]

She is referring to the post just below this one.

boom. roasted. I wish I had someone I could call Dwight in our office!!! It would be so entertaining.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Word...
    i'm with you guys now lol.
    were we not discussing this like...yesterday?

i guess i'll also flame the fact that i'm stressing out more about the wedding because i'm NOT stressing out...my FSIL keeps saying "are you freaking out yet" "i know you have to be SO stressed" "is there anything i can do to help with the stress of planning?"

and i'm like..."i'm not stressed...crap, do i NEED to be stressed? GREAT, now i'm stressed"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I flame that I am having a period right now.  I am on birth control and it wasn't supposed to come for two more weeks!  I thought it was just spotting.  I never had this type of problem before on any other birth control.  But I have been taking this one for several months.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_can-just-start-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c50037be-3cbf-49cc-8066-26f4e0aa7b3ePost:ec96bf85-3fca-447a-8fae-b52d39f79d01">Re: Can we just start FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]boom. roasted.
    Posted by courtski2004[/QUOTE]

I just snorted!
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wish everyone would please stop complaining about hating their jobs. I know we've discussed this before, but I would do anything to be able to work right now. Not being able to walk is killing me. In this down economy, everyone should just be grateful to have a job.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_can-just-start-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c50037be-3cbf-49cc-8066-26f4e0aa7b3ePost:ec96bf85-3fca-447a-8fae-b52d39f79d01">Re: Can we just start FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we just start FFF? : boom. roasted. Posted by courtski2004[/QUOTE]

I heart you
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    bigbabyface - I had the same problem.  People called me daily asking what they could do and if I was stressed or nervous.  It was really unnerving!! 

I just had to keep saying, no REALLY...I've got this.

--

ETA:  Angela - I definitely get your point and I'm very thankful for my job, even though I hate it.    The problem with the corporate world right now is that a lot of us are being taken complete advantage of because they pretty much have us right where they want us because they know we really can't leave (or not easily, for sure). 

I think that is part of the reason there are so many unhappy people right now, not because they aren't thankful...but becaues they aren't treated fairly.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_can-just-start-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c50037be-3cbf-49cc-8066-26f4e0aa7b3ePost:1a0bde1c-039d-4e3e-a8dd-ca2e7723dec5">Re: Can we just start FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]bigbabyface - I had the same problem.  People called me daily asking what they could do and if I was stressed or nervous.  It was really unnerving!!  I just had to keep saying, no REALLY...I've got this. 

I think that is part of the reason there are so many unhappy people right now, not because they aren't thankful...but becaues they aren't treated fairly.
    Posted by Tiffany618[/QUOTE]

yeah, i was a little overwhelmed at first. but key is...get organized! :) once i did that..i was perfectly fine. And have been since, just taking it one day at a time. I started my DIY pomanders yesterday...i figure if i get about 1 and a 1/2 done every month between now and the wedding, i'll be good to go. :) my FI thought i was crazy for starting so early, but i dont see the point in waiting till a month prior and stressing about it, when i can slowly get it done when i have spare time.

i'm going to completely agree with you here, i'm thankful i have a job, because i had to search 3 full months to get it. And was completely laid up on the couch for 3 months, it sucked. It's like the better of two evil things...sucks to have it..sucks worse to not.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I flame my co-worker's 19yo daughter that just called her and cussed her out over the phone AT WORK.  I was in a separate room & could hear every word she was saying, OVER THE MICROWAVE!  She was upset because her mom didn't put more money in her checking account than what she asked for even AFTER her mom made her car payment this month!  I listened to her (couldn't avoid it) while I prepared my lunch & I couldn't take it anymore.  I went in the room she was in & she was sitting there in tears listening to her daughter spew all this crap.  I about flipped..I asked to speak to her daughter & told her exactly what I thought.  UUUUUGGGGHHH!  My blood is boiling.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BigBabyFace- Im doing all my DIY's now too. My FI also thinks I'm crazy! But I would rather do it now slowly then stress the month of!

My FFF...
    My sister gets here tomorrow and I need to get her fitted for her BM dress. Anytime I mention the wedding she calls me Bridezilla! She says it as a joke, but its getting old and starting to hurt my feelings!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_can-just-start-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c50037be-3cbf-49cc-8066-26f4e0aa7b3ePost:ff7f9e0b-4a82-4604-b193-99d7a9505879">Re: Can we just start FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anytime I mention the wedding she calls me Bridezilla! She says it as a joke, but its getting old and starting to hurt my feelings!
    Posted by marksle84[/QUOTE]

I am also tired of hearing this word.  It was funny the first few times.  But I haven't even asked anyone to do anything yet! 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_can-just-start-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c50037be-3cbf-49cc-8066-26f4e0aa7b3ePost:27ed504f-b86d-4eff-abe7-27a3c4154403">Re: Can we just start FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we just start FFF? : I am also tired of hearing this word.  It was funny the first few times.  But I haven't even asked anyone to do anything yet! 
    Posted by Paige0810[/QUOTE]

ditto...as a matter of fact, i'd prefer NOT to ask anyone to do anything. my wedding is small, the venue will be doing alot of the work, i'd rather do it myself, i haven't even asked my sister to be my bridesmaid yet...but i just want her in a black or brown dress...she can wear what she wants..my brother will be doing the ordaining, he asked what he had to say...i told him "whatever you think sounds like me and Alex, i'm okay with, i know you'll do a great job"....he then asked if he could wear all black chucks during the ceremony, i said i could care less if that'd make him comfortable. And his girl friend is sitting there calling me "bridezilla"...not funny!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_can-just-start-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c50037be-3cbf-49cc-8066-26f4e0aa7b3ePost:1a0bde1c-039d-4e3e-a8dd-ca2e7723dec5">Re: Can we just start FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE] ETA:  Angela - I definitely get your point and I'm very thankful for my job, even though I hate it.    The problem with the corporate world right now is that a lot of us are being taken complete advantage of because they pretty much have us right where they want us because they know we really can't leave (or not easily, for sure).  I think that is part of the reason there are so many unhappy people right now, not because they aren't thankful...but becaues they aren't treated fairly.

Ditto this! I'm honestly more than Thankful I have this job, but I've been looking for something new for 2 years!!! It's been quite frustrating. I'm doing the job of a person and a half because: 1. they don't want to spend the money to hire someone new. 2. they know I will do it so I don't get fired or laid off.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]bigbabyface - I had the same problem.  People called me daily asking what they could do and if I was stressed or nervous.  It was really unnerving!!  I just had to keep saying, no REALLY...I've got this. -- ETA:  Angela - I definitely get your point and I'm very thankful for my job, even though I hate it.    The problem with the corporate world right now is that a lot of us are being taken complete advantage of because they pretty much have us right where they want us because they know we really can't leave (or not easily, for sure).  I think that is part of the reason there are so many unhappy people right now, not because they aren't thankful...but becaues they aren't treated fairly.

That's a lot of it. Totally true. But that's the epitome of the corporate world. It will never change. Companies are in it to make money, not spend money. So if they know they can retain their employees by paying them the bare minimum to keep them from leaving, they will. There will always be bureaucratic BS; good employees will get taken advantage of, and people who don't deserve it will get promoted. It's a nasty world but you have to play the game to get ahead, as sad as it is. I was thankful to have a job, but that didn't mean I enjoyed it. In fact I despised it. You can be thankful to have a paycheck and at the same time be miserable doing it every day. Those two aren't mutually exclusive. Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_can-just-start-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c50037be-3cbf-49cc-8066-26f4e0aa7b3ePost:2e5c7dbe-61d5-4f93-9f64-46bdd6b66fe8">Re: Can we just start FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we just start FFF? : That's a lot of it. Totally true. But that's the epitome of the corporate world. It will never change. Companies are in it to make money, not spend money. So if they know they can retain their employees by paying them the bare minimum to keep them from leaving, they will. There will always be bureaucratic BS; good employees will get taken advantage of, and people who don't deserve it will get promoted. It's a nasty world but you have to play the game to get ahead, as sad as it is. I was thankful to have a job, but that didn't mean I enjoyed it. In fact I despised it. You can be thankful to have a paycheck and at the same time be miserable doing it every day. Those two aren't mutually exclusive. Just my 2 cents.
    Posted by NMac2010[/QUOTE]

yeah, i'm not disagreeing with you. That's completely true. Me and my FI work for the same law firm, different buildings and such, he's in downtown Dallas i'm in plano...but his schedule just got switched to 8pm...a two hour change. He asked his boss what the reason was because they had a newer person who took over my FI shift, wanna know what our boss told him? word for word: "because we know in this economy you can't find another job, and you can't afford to quit."

Who the hell says that?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is off topic, but Natalie, I really like your new picture! :-)

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_can-just-start-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c50037be-3cbf-49cc-8066-26f4e0aa7b3ePost:f54cedfc-8d26-4a59-ba17-0e33732bed8b">Re: Can we just start FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we just start FFF? : yeah, i'm not disagreeing with you. That's completely true. Me and my FI work for the same law firm, different buildings and such, he's in downtown Dallas i'm in plano...but his schedule just got switched to 8pm...a two hour change. He asked his boss what the reason was because they had a newer person who took over my FI shift, wanna know what our boss told him? word for word: "because we know in this economy you can't find another job, and you can't afford to quit." Who the hell says that?
    Posted by bigbabyface[/QUOTE]

That would light a fire under my butt to find a new job and tell him to shove it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_can-just-start-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c50037be-3cbf-49cc-8066-26f4e0aa7b3ePost:37cc0d26-a02c-4b47-9feb-54bda50d588f">Re: Can we just start FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is off topic, but Natalie, I really like your new picture! :-)
    Posted by sparklingdiamond[/QUOTE]

Awe, thanks Sarah!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally understand that some jobs really do suck. It just makes me sad to see everyone complaining when I would seriously do anything to be able to get up off this couch and be able to contribute to our finances. I feel so useless and powerless. It's extremely depressing.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_can-just-start-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c50037be-3cbf-49cc-8066-26f4e0aa7b3ePost:700d2950-adb0-49ef-bfc5-c3043312995c">Re: Can we just start FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we just start FFF? : That would light a fire under my butt to find a new job and tell him to shove it.
    Posted by NMac2010[/QUOTE]

instead...i compiled a list of emails he'd sent me, and i filed a harassment charge against his ass

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_can-just-start-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c50037be-3cbf-49cc-8066-26f4e0aa7b3ePost:ee27eeb2-c219-4522-b685-06aafbc9e8e7">Re: Can we just start FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I totally understand that some jobs really do suck. It just makes me sad to see everyone complaining when I would seriously do anything to be able to get up off this couch and be able to contribute to our finances. I feel so useless and powerless. It's extremely depressing.
    Posted by TexanTreasure08[/QUOTE]

i've been there sister. and i feel for you, it sucks. I started going stir crazy after like 2 or 3 days. dispite what some believe, the tv and internet, really dont go on forever. i didn't have a job for a good three months, and i think i was honestly clinically depressed towards the end of it
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I flame dramatic people who comment on posts and then are upset that they did.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_can-just-start-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:c50037be-3cbf-49cc-8066-26f4e0aa7b3ePost:a8bd69d8-54be-4838-b813-64dfa6bcea07">Re: Can we just start FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame dramatic people who comment on posts and then are upset that they did.
    Posted by danni7murphy[/QUOTE]

<div>Didn't you already decide we have too much attitude? You think it'll be different when you ask the same question that was just answered yesterday?</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_can-just-start-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c50037be-3cbf-49cc-8066-26f4e0aa7b3ePost:a8bd69d8-54be-4838-b813-64dfa6bcea07">Re: Can we just start FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame dramatic people who comment on posts and then are upset that they did.
    Posted by danni7murphy[/QUOTE]

I think that's the first time I've been called dramatic.  What I said was all in fun.  Meaning, I was not truly "upset" that I posted on your question.  That's silly.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just spent 30 minutes attempting a non-lame Thank You card for my Future ILs for all the Christmas presents they got me. I realize I should practice before wedding shower time rolls around.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • Options
    courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'll just go ahead and flame people who don't attempt to use appropriate words when expressing something on the internets. I don't mean the use of offensive words, just elementary words.
    Dramatic would have been a two paragraph long tirade about how people don't read relevant posts within a 2 page radius of posting *basically* the same question.
    She mentioned it. Calm down. I know that you are dead-set on thinking that we are vile, rude, drama queens.  If most of the comments that are directed toward you are laced with those overtones, you may want to take a look at the words and actions that we see which cause us to respond in those ways.

Additionally, if you didn't receive help on the music board, would it have hurt to google it? It seriously took 4 seconds to find a link that brought me right back to something called 'The Knot'.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I flame for it being so early and I gotta be at work at 6.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards