Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

B&M Monday

It's Monday... *yawns*

FI comes home tomorrow and the apartment is a DISASTER.  I will be scrambling to clean and get everything picked up in just a few hours tonight.  Wall paint looked really good going on, but now I don't like it.  Hopefully I just need to get used to it and then it will be fine.
Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: B&M Monday

• Options
    No B&M for me! 2 months on the countdown, and we have our BIG Arkansas shower this weekend!
    Seriously, it's going to be huge. AND it's our first one!

Question - This shower is being hosted by seven families, should I bring a thank you gift to the shower or mail them something later?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-122?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:c539bb12-9cc8-4811-9364-80c0baeef7bcPost:0df47790-fd50-4a4f-88e7-6f6b0fed3df6">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]No B&M for me! 2 months on the countdown, and we have our BIG Arkansas shower this weekend! Seriously, it's going to be huge. AND it's our first one! <strong>Question - This shower is being hosted by seven families, should I bring a thank you gift to the shower or mail them something later?</strong>
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

I think you would be fine either way, but I brought mine with me.
  • Options
    ejheartejheart member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-122?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c539bb12-9cc8-4811-9364-80c0baeef7bcPost:0df47790-fd50-4a4f-88e7-6f6b0fed3df6">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]No B&M for me! 2 months on the countdown, and we have our BIG Arkansas shower this weekend! Seriously, it's going to be huge. AND it's our first one! Question - This shower is being hosted by seven families, should I bring a thank you gift to the shower or mail them something later?

I would say that since you'll have so many, you might just want to mail them. Then again, if you're going to be there super early then it won't be a big deal to come in lugging 7 gifts. So I guess either way!

My B&M this morning. I kid you not, coming in this morning I ended up behind this woman who was farting the WHOLE way to the elevator, loudly. If this is a sign as to how my Monday is going to go then I'm screwed. Weirdest thing ever.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to Re:B:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bamp;M Monday:No Bamp;M for me! 2 months on the countdown, and we have our BIG Arkansas shower this weekend! Seriously, it's going to be huge. AND it's our first one! Question This shower is being hosted by seven families, should I bring a thank you gift to the shower or mail them something later?Posted by cwaggoner07I would say that since you'll have so many, you might just want to mail them. Then again, if you're going to be there super early then it won't be a big deal to come in lugging 7 gifts. So I guess either way!My Bamp;M this morning. I kid you not, coming in this morning I ended up behind this woman who was farting the WHOLE way to the elevator, loudly. If this is a sign as to how my Monday is going to go then I'm screwed. Weirdest thing ever. Posted by ejheart[/QUOTE]
    Oh thank you for that laugh. I needed it this morning. My BM is its Monday and we have a new DM a d I'm not thrilled with who they promoted. I'm going to think the worst and than maybe it won't be so bad.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-122?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c539bb12-9cc8-4811-9364-80c0baeef7bcPost:0df47790-fd50-4a4f-88e7-6f6b0fed3df6">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]No B&M for me! 2 months on the countdown, and we have our BIG Arkansas shower this weekend! Seriously, it's going to be huge. AND it's our first one! Question - This shower is being hosted by seven families, should I bring a thank you gift to the shower or mail them something later?

I guess it depends on the demeanor of the families.  My ILs friends hosted a shower for us and my MIL would have DIED if I'd suggested not bringing gifts to the shower.
    Anniversary

• Options
    My B&M this morning I's about my poor Remington. We got home from Mother's Day brunch yesterday and he had thrown up in his crate. First time ever. And he proceeded to get sick 6 more times. Scared. S**tless. I called our vet and she suggested due to hus age I take to the emergency clinic. Poor thing, we go home at 4:30 yesterday afternoon and he slept solid until about 12:30 this morning. We even had a houseful of people over for dinner last night and he didn't stir. Now I can't get the poor thing to eat. This breaks my heart!
  • Options
    Oh no Kylie! Did they say what was wrong with him? 

I'm so tired of my job. More specifically my CWs. I could punch someone today.
  • Options
    Oh no, Kylie!  I hope he's all right!
    Anniversary

• Options
    Ugh, I am having a bit of a crisis right now. My zipper is broken on my dress. Didn't realize this until I took it to go get it cleaned. I need to find someone who can replace my zipper stat in less than two weeks, fix my bustle, and alter a bridesmaid dress to fit a 15 year old tall skinny dancer (versus a shorter 25 year old woman).

Oh, and it's Monday.
  • Options
    Kylie, what's wrong with your sweet little baby??? Forewarning, if they say to buy him bland food there, save yourself the money and make it yourself. Smokey has always had really bad stomach issues so now I just make him bland food. It's 2 servings of white rice cooked in 1 can chicken broth with cooked ground turkey added in.

My b&m is that FI and I are supposed to be headed out to the beach tommorow with my family but i've been sick with something for the past 3 days. It's like my body knew I was in school and refused to get sick then and decided to get sick immediately afterwards..

ej, that made me laugh so hard I nearly fell off the couch!! Poor you! I hope your day gets better!
  • Options
    I guess my only complaint is that I'm spending all week packing.  If anyone wants to have a GTG at my apartment to help me pack, I will provide wine.  ;)
    Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to Re:B:[QUOTE]Oh no Kylie! Did they say what was wrong with him?nbsp;I'm so tired of my job. More specifically my CWs. I could punch someone today. Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

Oh me too, Kathleen...me too.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    OK I think it might just be easier to get all the hostesses gifts now and take them up to them at the shower.
    NOW the question is, what should I get them??? It's couples, most of them FI's dad's age. I think most of them are pretty prominent figures in this small town IE they don't need little trinkets or.
    Would it be neat to bring them something Texas-y? The main reason we're having this big shower is because most of FI's dad's associates/ country club buddies won't be coming to the wedding in Dallas (although they're all invited). So maybe I could bring a little bit of Texas to them??
    Thoughts?
    THANKS guys!
  • Options
    Carrie,
    Texas-specific stuff might be nice.  Maybe Dr Pepper Barbeque sauce or something.

I bought (MIL actually -- I was not able to purchase for 20 couples) bottles of wine and tea towels and gave those out.  I was actually able to find $5 wine that was actually quite good and it was a big hit.

Another girl for whom my MIL hosted a shower bought little candles and cute fall-themed candle holders, but like you said, my MIL is not a "trinket" person, so she ended up giving them both to me.  I think food is always a good way to go.
    Anniversary

• Options
    BTW Amy, so excited for you that FI comes home tomorrow!! I just got home from Jazzercise and when I walked in the bathroom, Remington jumped up and bounced over to me to say hi. Yay! They ruled out parvovirus thank goodness, and think he just has Gastroenteritis, or garbage gut. We were at a BBQ cook-off this weekend, and I think he got into some ribs that somone had discarded on the ground when someone else had him. His vet called us this morning and they're pleased with his progress so far, minus the fact he's really not eating. Hopefully on the upside! And mpayette, they did tell us to feed him bland food, but definitely didn't try to sell us any, just told us what to cook!
  • Options
    Amanda, try Becky Foweler! She's a god-send if she's not to busy!!
  • Options
    Thanks Kylie! Glad remmington is doing better! Our Luke just went through the same thing this Friday and Saturday. I was happy FI could stay at home with him this weekend to make sure he felt better. 
    I am going to try giving Becky a call this afternoon. My dress will be ready from getting cleaned at Pinstripes tomorrow so I will see if they can just drop it off there asap. *fingers crossed*. 

• Options
    Yay Remington!

The upside- I can finally-just now. Start the productive part of my day. 
    I better get moving but I'm so frustrated I feel like doing nothing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards