Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

OL Tuesday

Dear Texas, 
Why are you bi-polar? I can't do the hot then cold anymore! 

-Knottie that needs to get dressed. 

Dear Family, 
If you want me around for the holidays it may be a good idea to tell me when things are vs. just asking "Will you be here for said holiday?" 

-Frusterated Knottie.

Re: OL Tuesday

• aeliza06aeliza06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    dear father, 

I understand that you aren't married and aren't dating anyone, but asking if you can bring said frat buddy that you always get drunk with to my wedding as your plus one is a bit too much. I understand I have known him all of my life, but that doesn't make me want to invite him. If you were paying for the wedding, it would be different, but we are paying the majority. Please realize how nervous and anxious you are making me feel about this. The last thing I want to be is the bride with the drunk father. 

-sincere daughter. 

dear humidity,

we are not friends. go. away. 

-hair that acts like monica's from when they visited the bahamas. 
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear thanksgiving -

Hurry please.

- Needing a break knottie
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-110?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:c5910902-1f2c-4f91-b7cb-ffaae988693dPost:0f858aa1-f67a-4e87-b9d7-39adccbd01db">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear thanksgiving - Hurry please. - Needing a break knottie
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]
    second this!
  • edited December 2011
    Dear mom-

Thanks for finally sitting down with me to pick out pictures for your photobook since the Groupon expires FRIDAY! I will now be scanning old pictures and making page layouts non-stop for the next 3 days.

-Regretting giving my mom this groupon instead of using it myself

Dear FI-

Thanks for going along with all my crazy planning for our e-pics this weekend. I'm so excited and I hope you are too!

-Can't wait for Saturday!
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Dear dog,
    Where did your toenail go?  =(
    -Very upset owner.
    Anniversary

• courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Dear Brianna and Kathleen,
    DITTO! (Weather and Thanksgiving!)

--Knottie who likes to celebrate the holidays (seperately) and with the proper weather conditions!
    edited December 2011
    dear brianna, 

when do we AW-ing 2012 brides get some love in the form of a sticky?

love,
    the-universe-revolves-around-me-bride Wink
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-110?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:c5910902-1f2c-4f91-b7cb-ffaae988693dPost:27552448-1fb0-4509-8265-5fdda70dbcdc">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]dear brianna,  when do we AW-ing 2012 brides get some love in the form of a sticky? love, the-universe-revolves-around-me-bride 
    Posted by aeliza06[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>YES! :)

</div>
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear Brianna,

I am definitely with you on needing Thanksgiving to hurry up and come soooon.

- very run-down Knottie-

Dear Boss,

I am so thankful that I work with someone like you (honestly, non-sarcastic).  I am very lucky that I found this position, and thank you for putting up with my incessant need to organize.

- Grateful Employee-

Dear Discount Tire,

The last time I went to a different DT than I usually do, your staff tried to take advantage of me because I was a female.  Just so you are aware, I may be a female, but I'm not stupid and I actually DO know some things about cars, as many other women also do. So please don't tell me again that you will not pro-rate my tires that are dead prior to warranty or that an additional fee for XYZ service is non-negotiable.  Here's to hoping tomorrow goes well... I'm tired of sliding around on the road when it rains!

-Slip-n-Slide Knottie-
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-110?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:c5910902-1f2c-4f91-b7cb-ffaae988693dPost:a4f3fc50-286d-449c-a145-8aee9f0a711e">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear Brianna, I am definitely with you on needing Thanksgiving to hurry up and come soooon. - very run-down Knottie- Dear Boss, I am so thankful that I work with someone like you (honestly, non-sarcastic).  I am very lucky that I found this position, and thank you for putting up with my incessant need to organize. - Grateful Employee-<strong> Dear Discount Tire</strong>, The last time I went to a different DT than I usually do, your staff tried to take advantage of me because I was a female.  Just so you are aware, I may be a female, but I'm not stupid and I actually DO know some things about cars, as many other women also do. So please don't tell me again that you will not pro-rate my tires that are dead prior to warranty or that an additional fee for XYZ service is non-negotiable.  Here's to hoping tomorrow goes well... I'm tired of sliding around on the road when it rains! -Slip-n-Slide Knottie-
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Which one did you go to? FI used to work at DTC for years and it was never like this! He usually tried to help out everyone he could. Did you get the certification on them? I know it seems like extra money, but they do replace your tire if it goes flat if you have the certifications on them. :)

</div>
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

2012 brides-

Next week for you laides!

• crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-110?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c5910902-1f2c-4f91-b7cb-ffaae988693dPost:ecc19e5e-ed18-4ded-bc2f-f76ac8c0703b">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]2012 brides- Next week for you laides!
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

YES! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Dear Knotties,

Hi. Bye. Miss You!

--Busy busy girl
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • winechic25winechic25 member
    edited December 2011
    Dear Pinterest ~ I really like you, but every time I open my gmail account (that was created specifically for wedding correspondence) and I see an email from you saying someone else is following me, I get extremely disappointed. See, I am waiting for an email from my photographer letting me know my pictures from the wedding are done. Stop getting my hopes up!! Thanks, Anxious to see her pics
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-110?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c5910902-1f2c-4f91-b7cb-ffaae988693dPost:ef3b7ab6-1ecc-414f-821c-8a6faa95497b">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear Knotties, Hi. Bye. Miss You! --Busy busy girl
    Posted by FebDallasBride[/QUOTE]

=(
    Anniversary

edited December 2011
    Amanda,
    I have a question for you. I didn't see a vendor review for your cakes. Did you like the cake?
    I only ask because I found who you used in your Bio and went to look. I'm weighing the options between them and Cake Guys package.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-110?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:c5910902-1f2c-4f91-b7cb-ffaae988693dPost:7b0e59f1-2040-4e3f-ab39-8cd59138ab4f">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Amanda, I have a question for you. I didn't see a vendor review for your cakes. Did you like the cake? I only ask because I found who you used in your Bio and went to look. I'm weighing the options between them and Cake Guys package.
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

Have you done a tasting between the two?  I really liked both places but one the cake was a lot more in line with what I was looking for.  Both were really tasty though, but for us it just came down to personal preference and price point was also an influence.

ETA:  Sorry, I know you specifically asked Amanda but we were torn between Panini and Ruth Robbins and that's what it came down to for us.  Cake Guys were about $200 or $300 cheaper than Panini for the same # of people to feed, BUT if you like the taste and look of Panini's cakes better and cake is important to you, go that route.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-110?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:c5910902-1f2c-4f91-b7cb-ffaae988693dPost:52ba8b30-3667-46c3-8ebc-4b23fea40bdd">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OL Tuesday : Which one did you go to? FI used to work at DTC for years and it was never like this! He usually tried to help out everyone he could. Did you get the certification on them? I know it seems like extra money, but they do replace your tire if it goes flat if you have the certifications on them. :)
    Posted by aeliza06[/QUOTE]

I never get the certs because I never end up needing them.  Every nail I've ever gotten since I was 16 has been in a repairable area *whew*.  I know that's luck, but I don't have the additional upfront money.  I'm hard-pressed to find the money just to buy the tires right now. :-/

This was the one on NW Hwy just east of Abrams (near White Rock Lake).  They are great with tire rotations and such but they were decidedly not helpful when I went in to purchase tires.  I'd never had an experience like that with them.  I went up to the one on Ohio and 121 after going to my parents house and they quoted me $150 less than the NW Hwy location for the same tires and services. The one on NW Hwy wouldn't pro-rate my tires on the car I had just bought preowned since they couldn't tell if the tires were purchased from them or not -- tires only had 14,700 miles on them and they were shot. The Ohio/121 location had no problem doing this -- didn't even question it. 

I looked on Yelp and the NW Hwy rating is bad.  I'm going to try one in another part of Dallas that DOES have good ratings... we'll see what happens!
  • winechic25winechic25 member
    edited December 2011
    I've been extremely tardy with my wedding reviews, but we used Ruth Robbins and the cake was fantastic!!! I had people leacpve comments on our photo booth scrapbook that they loved the cake.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-110?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:c5910902-1f2c-4f91-b7cb-ffaae988693dPost:912b35fc-cbda-4225-ac25-7248e20e9a03">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OL Tuesday : Have you done a tasting between the two?  I really liked both places but one the cake was a lot more in line with what I was looking for.  Both were really tasty though, but for us it just came down to personal preference and price point was also an influence. ETA:  Sorry, I know you specifically asked Amanda but we were torn between Panini and Ruth Robbins and that's what it came down to for us.  Cake Guys were about $200 or $300 cheaper than Panini for the same # of people to feed, BUT if you like the taste and look of Panini's cakes better and cake is important to you, go that route.
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]

<div>I had some of Courtski's left over cake and it was amazing. She used Cake Guys. I've never had Panini before. </div><div>
    </div><div>I'm torn. But I'm having dinner with a BM tomorrow and we will be discussing cakes/centerpieces etc.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Did I not review cake?  This is an outrage!

We loved working with Panini.  DH's cake was completely covered with edible printouts -- I made photocopies of some of our favorite games and she sent them to a person she knows who makes that edible paper or whatever -- all free.  H and I kept each other's cakes a secret and Sophie loved playing along with the whole thing.  Our cakes were a) delicious and b) gorgeous and we had plenty for everyone.  I think compared to some other places that are mentioned here, they are pricey, but well worth it, as far as I'm concerned.

Also, I know a lot of bakers do this now, but she'll bake us a free "top tier" for our one-year anniversary in exchange for professional pics of the cakes.
    Anniversary

• MLandCJMLandCJ member
    edited December 2011
    Dear Knotties :)

I miss y'all! I've been super busy lately.

-MIA knottie!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Dear Courtney,
    Are those day-after photos on facebook?  They are gorgeous!
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards