Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!! VENUES

Good afternoon everyone! I am in the first stage of the planning for my wedding.
I will be getting married exactly one year from today. Sept 22,2012!

I am looking for a pretty reasonable venue for my wedding and reception and since im paying, my budget NO more than $5000.00 for everything.

Although Ive read some post im still lost!
I will have right at 100 guest
Ive looked at the Desoto Civic Center which is pretty reasonable but I am open to any others you may have for me. Please help. THanks!!!

Re: PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!! VENUES

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might want to start here:

http://dfwvendorlist.yolasite.com/reception-venue.php

Not sure if you mean $5k is for food and beverage or just the rental.  Winfrey point at White Rock is budget friendly but totally DIY (and you'd be getting married outside by the lake). 
  • edited December 2011

I assumed you meant $5k for everything -- venue, food, photographer, music/DJ, etc.

This thread (clicky) has my favorite recommendation in it. Quote:
    "You might try the Heard Museum in McKinney- their Science Resource center is DIY- but they have a kitchen, include tables and chairs, and have an ipod hookup. They also allow any caterers and byob. But it is kind of small- 100 people max. They have ceremony places on site- including a balcony and other outdoor sites for an additional fee. Also, the Dallas Heritage Center has all of their rates listed online."

Also, community centers might be a really good bet since they are usually very inexpensive, but the ones I've seen generally don't allow alcohol to be onsite. My favorite is the Brookside Center in Hurst -- it's very pretty and there's actually a knottie on the board having her wedding there.

Also, since your date is on a Saturday, you can still generally have a less expensive wedding if you opt for a daytime, brunch, or non-meal-time wedding, whichever venue you choose.

• mrowl09mrowl09 newb
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all sooo very much for this information posted.

I am looking for venues in the Dallas area!
    $5000.00 would be for everything, I may have to add a little more cash to do everything though! THank you thank you thank you.

If there's anyone who has more information, please send it my way!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards