Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Re: FFF

• Options
    JessAndColtonJessAndColton member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My stupid ticker isn't working

Chuck woke me up at 3 am, and being a bad mom, I just ignored him and went back to sleep...I gotto wake up to a crate full of smeared poop as retailiation.

I am exhausted and want to call in to work.

That all came out as more of a B&M rather than FFF, I guess people can flame me about Chuck
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Saw New Moon last night at midnight.  It was totally worth it. 
  • Options
    appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:c685c1bf-ccb8-4f19-8543-11d2e282a1e7Post:b81edf6e-3d18-47a9-ac87-b6cac6765077">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Saw New Moon last night at midnight.  It was totally worth it. 
    Posted by Mariah09202008[/QUOTE]

That's good to hear!

I'm kind of glad I didn't go. Or maybe it's the Benadryl I took last night that hasn't worn off but I am totally exhuasted. I hate being sick.
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm really disappointed with the outcome of Project Runway. Other than that, I got nothing. I'm just really really glad it's Friday.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mariah,
    I  so wanted to go last night but am now glad that I didn't.  I can't wait to see it on Sunday! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm torn whether I want to ask about the outcome of PR.  I didn't watch it last night, but I have it recorded.  Although I haven't found myself being too invested in it this season.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Banana--me too! I was hoping the girl who got sent away first was going to win. Loved her line.

Posts that have !!!??!!!?? in the title bug me.

That's all I got.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm flaming Grey's Anatomy for having such a lame episode last night.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c685c1bf-ccb8-4f19-8543-11d2e282a1e7Post:b81edf6e-3d18-47a9-ac87-b6cac6765077">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Saw New Moon last night at midnight.  It was totally worth it. 

I completely agree!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:c685c1bf-ccb8-4f19-8543-11d2e282a1e7Post:47e228c3-dbc3-48b0-ac27-28fa94bfbe41">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm flaming Grey's Anatomy for having such a lame episode last night.
    Posted by emimayor[/QUOTE]

I either have the memory of a golfish or I just did not pay attention last night.  I read the recap and half of it I don't remember happening.  And 3 holidays crammed into one episode, bleh.  If they are taking a hiatus until January maybe it will be better when it comes back.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c685c1bf-ccb8-4f19-8543-11d2e282a1e7Post:47e228c3-dbc3-48b0-ac27-28fa94bfbe41">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm flaming Grey's Anatomy for having such a lame episode last night.
    Posted by emimayor[/QUOTE]

I agree with this 100%!

It's Friday, I have all week off next week, and it's Career Day!  If one of the speakers doesn't show, I will allow my class to do nothing!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I stopped watching Greys about a month ago.  I just can't get into the merger and all the new interns and doctors and stuff.  I miss the old Grey's.

Today's FFF is lame.  Where is everyone?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm flaming my FFIL (that stands for future father in-law, right?)...he's totally pissing me off! One day when he called FI this week he was being a total a$$ hole to him! Giving him sh!t about everything. The holidays, our cars, life, why we never go spend the night over there (REALLY??). So FI hangs up on him and is totally pissed off for the rest of the day. Then his dad calls the next day while we're getting ready for work. FI ignores 3 times, but when he calls a 4th time I told him to answer incase there's an emergency. He just called to see what we were doing and then bitches about how he didn't pick up the phone and LAUGHS about how he was being an a$$ the day before...WTF!!!!

Who is this man???
  • Options
    maykiousmaykious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Warning:  LONG post ahead

I think I might have to fire one of my MOH's.  Last night, I changed my menu because she came over for dinner and didn't like what I was cooking and proceded to tell me that she usually does things differently and it always works for her.  When she started to serve everyone, I told her we could just leave everything on the stove so it would stay warm (FI and her BF were unreachable at the time), but she decided to serve everyone herself so that we'd all get an even amount.  Because we're children and don't know how to serve ourselves proportionately.

I got past all that and we watched a couple episodes of Say Yes to the Dress and one dress came on that I said I liked.  She made a puking noise and I asked her why she didn't like it.  She said, "that asymetrical band across the hips?!  It looks terrible!"  I said, "my dress has an asymetrical band across my hips."  She made a face and said, "oh, really?" but her face was more of the "why would you do that?" or "what are you gonna do now that you know you've made such a bad choice?" face and she never apologized.  After a few minutes, I said, "it's ok.  I didn't buy my dress for you, you don't have to like it.  When it's your turn, I'll make sure not to pull any dresses for you with an asymetrical band across the hips."  She said thanks in a "I'd kill you if you did" kinda way.

I'm not upset at her because she inadvertently insulted my dress--I don't expect her to remember what it looks like--I'm upset because she never apolgized or tried to backtrack.  I don't care if my dress isn't to her taste.  I want to make sure that on my wedding day, she's there to support me and tell me I look amazing and help me feel confident.  I don't want her to look at me and shrug her shoulders and say, "you look ok, I guess." 

My other MOH got married last year in a dress I wouldn't have picked for her or myself, but it doesn't matter.  She looked beautiful, it fit her well, showed off her gorgeous figure and she was so happy and confident that she would have looked gorgeous in a potato sack.  I wasn't lying when I told her she looked wonderful.

Maybe that's a B&M, but I've been busy all week and haven't been able to participate much.  I've missed you guys!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I honestly don't think that's a logical reason to fire an MOH.  So she's controling about food and said she didn't like a dress that is similar to yours? Just don't invite her over before dinner is ready or just have her cook next time. Also, would you really want her to backtrack?  What does she have to apologize for?  She doesn't like a style that you like.  It's ok and like you said when she gets married you'll know for sure not to pull out a dress with an asymetrical hip design.  No biggie.  Also, just because she doesn't like the asymetrical look, doesn't mean she's going to think you look terrible in your dress.  Don't take what she said so personally.
  • Options
    untsinguntsing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    amy - i would have been pissed off, too, honestly.  there is nothing worse than a BM or MOH with an attitude problem.  My cousin (who was a BM) developed one two weeks before the wedding, things are STILL weird between us, and frankly I would have rather not even had her standing up there with me with her sour puss on.

I don't know if i'd FIRE her (you may have been just exaggerating about that, though), but it may be worth talking to her about if she continues with her b1tchy behavior.
  • Options
    maykiousmaykious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I was exaggerating when I was talking about firing her.

The problem is that it was personal.  It sounds stupid now that I've read it from a different perspective, but knowing her the way I do, she's very controlling about a lot of things and it's driving me crazy.  She makes comments like that every time I cook and I didn't invite her to dinner last night.  I didn't have to change my cooking plans to make sure she had something she liked, but I did and the only thanks I got was "you're doing it wrong."

If I inadvertantly insulted someone's wedding dress, I'd apologize.  Like I said, I don't care if she actually likes my dress or not, but I don't want to hear about it.  I didn't ask and I don't want her judgemental comments or raised eyebrows.  I picked her to be an MOH because I thought she'd be supportive through the whole process, but things like that aren't supportive.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    But she said she didn't like the asymetrical look before you reminded her that your dress has the same thing.  So she probably made that comment without thinking.  I know I constantly insert my foot in my mouth without thinking.  Of course, I don't know your relationship with your friend.  But you had to know from the beginning that she's controlling.  I mean, if you've been friends long enough to ask her to be MOH, you know her personality so this behavior shouldn't come as a surprise (not that I'm saying it is). 

I'm not trying to be mean, just trying to say that I just don't know if this is really something you should be really upset over.  Give her some space, maybe not actively seek her out for conversations for a few days.  Just take a break from her.  You know what I mean?  Maybe she was just in a bad mood last night?  Maybe she's jealous of the place you're at in your life?  Maybe she's feeling like all you guys talk about is the wedding? Or she just likes everything to be about her and whenever she can she tries to take the spotlight away.  I don't know...I'm just saying that in the grand scheme of things this isn't something to be too terribly upset over and I'd just keep my distance if she was pissing me off that much.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having our Thanksgiving spread today at work.. I always have to look at the list of who brought what to know what I don't want to eat. I really want some of the sweet potato caserole and wish someone else had made it.
  • Options
    maykiousmaykious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know she put her foot in her mouth.  I wasn't upset over what she said because I don't expect her to remember what my dress looks like.  I was upset because she didn't seem to care.

Her problem is that she can't keep her opinion to herself, even when she tries.  When she says she doesn't like the band across the hips on one dress, it means she doesn't like it on any of them and I should probably regret buying my dress now because it is unflattering on everyone.  That was the look she gave me when I told her my dress had that feature.  It was, "uh oh, what are you going to do now that you have a dress that you didn't realize was unflattering?"

Yes, I have known her long enough to know how controlling and blunt she is, but I picked her because I thought that it would be really helpful in my wedding planning process to have someone who can make decisions and plan the other parties with minimal supervision from myself.  She'll remember every single detail on my day.  She'll be the one talking to the vendors whenever there's a question so I don't have to deal with it.  Her behavior isn't a surprise to me, but it irritated me last night and I wanted a vent this morning and came here.  I wasn't actually so upset that I wanted to fire her, I was just exaggerating.  I do that all the time IRL, so I forget how hard that is to detect on the internet.  I just wanted a vent.

Whatever her feelings were last night do not excuse bad attitudes.  Maybe she'll come to me and apologize later and it'll be fine and maybe she won't and I'll get over it.  If I'm in a bad mood, I stay home.  If I don't want to watch something wedding-related, I ask to change the channel.  I'm extremely conscious of every single time I talk about the wedding--to the point that I very rarely bring it up at all.  We weren't even talking about the wedding last night, just watching tv. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok, I'm sorry.  I was just trying to help.  I wasn't trying to get on to you, just trying to get to the root of why she was treating you the way she was last night.

Sometimes I feel like even if I'm trying to help and being sincere, people think I'm being a b**** and I'm really not.  I wasn't saying you can't vent on here and I wasn't saying you're in the wrong for venting.  Do what you need to do.  I was just offering up advice.
  • Options
    maykiousmaykious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I just wanted to vent.  I posted it on Flame-Free Friday so I wouldn't get flamed.

I appreciate your concern and attempt to solve the problem.  However, you were also telling me that I shouldn't be so upset over it.  That's why I got defensive and felt like you were getting on to me.  I didn't think you were being a b!tch, but it did make me feel like I had to defend my feelings and make sure you understood the whole thing.

Can we end this now?

• Options
    edited December 2011

may- I'm sorry she is acting that way.   I totally see Mariah's point and while, yes, it probably is trivial, it would hurt my feelings too.

P.S. About dinner, I just wouldn't invite her over for dinner anymore.  What an ungrateful guest!  When someone offers to cook for me, I shut up and say "hello, free meal!"  :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes and I was never flaming you.  I guess talking people through things is considered flaming?  I don't know...Like people have said before, the only thing we can know on here about anyone is what others offer up, so of course, I don't know your friendship or your dynamic so that was me going on what information I was given.  Consider the subject dropped.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm seriously considering swiping one of my IL's family portraits and submiting it to Awkward Family Photos blog.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c685c1bf-ccb8-4f19-8543-11d2e282a1e7Post:2efd2c34-b56c-4253-b04f-aac8de41bc26">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm seriously considering swiping one of my IL's family portraits and submiting it to Awkward Family Photos blog.

HAHAHAHA!!! Do it!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Holidays are bringing me down. I've been in a MAJOR funk all week and I know it is becuase the next month in a half will be tough...emotionally.

I kind of wish I could skip Thanksgiving, not go to FL for Christmas (deal with Dad), and wake up and enjoy my 1st wedding anniversary in late January.

I'm sorry I'm such a downer. And I know this is FFF worthy, but I didn't want to start another post to feel sorry for myself.

Anyone have a funny joke or want to commiserate in my "I Feel Sorry for Myself Mood"???
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do it, Mariah. I wanted to post a note my roommate wrote me to passiveaggressivenotes.com, but she threw it away already.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c685c1bf-ccb8-4f19-8543-11d2e282a1e7Post:beb26763-751c-47ac-8d41-961c99988e41">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : HAHAHAHA!!! Do it!!!
    Posted by nae82[/QUOTE]

Nae - I'm glad you're posting again!! :)
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Emi,
    I'm almost with you on skipping Thanksgiving at this point and I know I'm not in the same situation you are.

Why do you need toilet paper in "The Twilight Zone"?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards