Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Parents gifts and 1 gift that must be on your registry

I have already purchased the bridesmaid gifts.  Now I am having problems trying to figure out what to get the parents.  I am trying to get each set of parents the same thing/similar and something meaningful.  I am trying to stay away from picture frame idea unless someone has a creative an idea for this gift. 
My second portion of this post is: What is 1 item that you feel you or everyone should have on their registry?  I am trying to finalize mine and I think the one thing I really want is my good set of pots and pans but they are so expensive, unless a lot of people go in together, I doubt we will get them.

Re: Parents gifts and 1 gift that must be on your registry

• Options
    I can't help with the parents gifts because we haven't decided on that yet. We might get them photo books and then something more personal, because they are ALWAYS asking for pictures of us. It's weird because my parents see us every other day.

As far as the pots and pans go, sometimes they offer the "set" that can be $300 or $400, but then you can break it down into individual items that can be purchased separately. I've heard what you can do if that's the situation is put the set on there because some people might chip in together, but also put the individual pieces. If the sum of the individual pieces that you get ends up costing close to the cost of the set, you can return the pieces in exchange for the set (which might have more). Does that make sense? I think I explained it okay, lol.

Everyone's different as far as registries. The one thing I was for sure going to register for were new sheets because ours are like 150 thread count. Ick.

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• Options
    We are thinking of getting our parents photo albums as well, but other gifts I have heard of are wine or beer of the month clubs, gift certificates for a nice dinner/b&B/weekend away, tickets to the symphony or another concert, things like that. My mom loves jewelry and I know her style, so that wouldn't be hard for me to pick out.

As for registries, I think everyone is different in what they need for their household. I am excited for new pots & pans as well as new stemware/barware because my FI loves to have people over and mix drinks.
    Lindsey & John
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    275image 183image 92image
  • Options

We're giving both set of parents albums of the wedding.  I'm also getting my parents a gift certificate towards their cruise they are taking after the wedding.  Not sure what FI has planned for his.

As for must have regsitry item, I would say hi count thread sheets and a great set of pots and pans. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was told a kitchen-aid mixer was something I must register for.  I also really want to register for luggage because we like to travel.

No idea what we're getting our parents.
  • Options
    I would definitely register for nice pots and pans.

We're getting our parents digital photo frames for the RD and albums later on (Christmas, maybe?).
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • Options
    both sets of parents are getting albums. My parents are paying for the whole wedding so they are each getting a special gift that I am still working on.

My registry must have:
    Tie between quality cutlery and quality pots and pans!
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • Options

My parents are paying for the wedding so we are allowing them to pick 50 of their favorite pictures from the wedding and we are having our photographer design a personalized flush album just for them.  My fiance's mother we're giving a simple photo album (she's not involved very much if at all in our lives).

I really really really want my china (I'm of course happy with any gift, but I love my china).  I knew that was the one thing I had to register for.  I've been blessed that I'm 10 months out from the wedding and most of my place settings have been purchased.  So happy!

• Options

My parents and his mother are both getting albums.  Just because my parents are in a finanical situation where they are able to help us out, doesn't mean they get a better gift then FI's mom.  We are going to send my parents to a B&B local to them for a "get-away" weekend.  FI's mom doesn't travel and is a widow, so I'm trying to think of something special for her along the same lines as my parents.

We love to entertrain, so China, a decent set of knives, (FI is a PT bartender) so decent (but inexpensive)  glasses (- so they are be replaceed if need be), and pots and pans.  We also love to travel and my luggage is from high school and he packs in a $20 target duffel - so we needed luggage...  and a programmable coffee maker 

I realize I have a lot of "must haves" but registry completion from Macys is a great offer!

• Options
    The parent albums are so expensive and I know they will hardly ever look at them so we are making them on Snapfish or Kodak so they have soemthing to show off but something more practical. As far as their gifts... we are entertaining a few ideas.... spa gift cards for moms and coach wallets for dads, broadway tickets for all, someone mentioned a digital frame... i like that too now!
  • Options
    What about a gift just for my Dad?  He's not currently married, but has an on-and-off girlfriend.  I want to give just HIM something after all that we've put him through.  Any ideas?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards