Registry and Gift Forum
Options

For those of you with Honeymoon Registries

When is it correct etiquette to thank the gift giver? I am obviously getting these gift prior to my wedding, so do I thank them now, send them a thank you note? Also I am having my Bridal Shower next weekend, do I thank them there? it is ok to let them know I recieved the gift, correct?

Re: For those of you with Honeymoon Registries

• Options
    You should email them and say thanks.
  • Options
    For HM registries, I generally like the idea of sending a thank you note with a picture of you doing whatever activity they purchased for you.  Although, if you get any gifts a significant amount of time prior to the wedding, then I would send a TY note now and just let them know you'll be posting pictures of your HM on _____ site and that you can't wait to do whatever they contributed towards.

BTW...TY notes should ALWAYS be handwritten.  Emails are really rude and impersonal.

Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_those-of-honeymoon-registries?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:024a3d2b-7056-4674-85fe-4ba5cd16df2aPost:18548cc4-15c2-4c31-b6c5-ad375a57b84c">Re: For those of you with Honeymoon Registries</a>:
    [QUOTE]You should email them and say thanks.
    Posted by LovinLong11[/QUOTE]
    Ignore her. She's a troll.

Obviously, send a handwritten thank you note asap.
    The Happiest 5K on the Planet! Color Run 2012
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    If you're having a HM registry, what are people going to get you for your shower?  Just curious.
  • Options
    I'd send a note now thanking them and telling them how excited you are to use their contribution for X purpose, and then if you can later, mail them a picture of you and your FI doing whatever it was they got you (snorkeling, having a tropical drink on the beach, etc).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards