Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Inexpensive gift ideas

I need some inexpensive but unique gift ideas for parents, wedding party, etc.  My parents are paying for most of the wedding and my FI parents have chipped in as well.  Even though we haven't incurred much costs as far as the wedding goes my FI and I's money and expenses are tight right now. 
I need some ideas more than just "cut back on daily spending", "cut back on eating out" etc. because we have done all that. 

I have already bought my girls cute monogrammed bags but need some ideas on what to fill them with.  For the guys, we have no idea.

Re: Inexpensive gift ideas

• Options
    Set a budget and then shop for each one like it is his or her birthday.  It's too late now but you really should have skipped the monogrammed bags.  I've never seen anyone over the age of seven who like their names or initials on their things.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    For my bridesmaids I did bridesmaids totes with bath and body works products I got when bath and body did their buy 3 get 3 free deal; I also made them necklaces. For the groomsmen my FI got pilsner glasses with their names on them. I'm pretty sure he got them for $20 a piece. For our parents we are getting his mom and step mom and my mom a personalized candle with me and FIs picture on it. Here's the website if you want to check it out they were $25 a piece. http://www.yankeecandle.com/customer-service/order-customized-candles/t
    For our dad's we are customizing metal signs for their garages. :-) We are also giving them all gift cards to their favorite restraunts. I hope this helps you!

As far as saving up money, our engagment is a long one. Our engagement will be 16 months long by the time we get married. So we were able to space a lot of things out and it also enabled us to really look for deals.
    Visit The Knot! White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 217 Invited...
    image 166 Got their boots on!
    image 49 Missin' out.
    image 2 are makin' us mailbox stalk!
    RSVP Date: September 1
  • Options
    for our mothers we went to etsy.com and got handkerchiefs done, we plan to give them to each others mom once we have walked down the aisle but before the ceremony.
    heres the link:http://www.etsy.com/listing/63820449/embroidered-wedding-handkerchiefs-custom?ref=af_you_favitem

they are $30 as a pair so only $15 each and are sentimental and personal.
    Our wedding party is all guys so we are going to get them each a bottle of scotch or something like that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I disagree that you should have skipped the monogrammed bags. Some people here can be snarky. I'm 27 and I love monogrammed items. I think it shows that you made an effort to create a very personalized gift and those are the best kinds. : I purchased some beautiful clutch purses that coordinate with their dresses and am filling them with a pack of tissue with their initial on it Hobby Lobby has them..bonus if you buy them when wedding items are half off, a tube of lip gloss, the crystal earrings I made them, a pack of Tylenol, a few bandaids, a shout wipe, mini hairspray, manicure kit, some gold bond powder to take care of sweating and chaffing, a mini sewing kit, and a mini pack of altoids. Since I'm having a destination. Wedding and will also be making them welcome bags, I may put the larger items into the welcome bag since it won't all fit in their clutch purses. You could add some bottled water, gum, cookies, salty snacks, lotion, and nail polish. I hope that helps. Good luck! :
  • Options

Thanks so much for the ideas! I also disagree with the comment about the bags! I wouldn't have bought them something that I would't have liked to receive.  Love the idea with the hankerchiefs for the mothers. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards