Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Bridal/couples shower venue recommendation

Hi ladies,

We had our couples shower this past saturday at Alcove Wine Bar on State Street in uptown. This is a great quaint little spot and the layout lends very well to socializing, gift opening and fit our 30 guests perfectly. From what the hostesses tell me the owner was great to work with and we had the whole place to ourselves for 3 hours.
Our guests were raving about the location, wine, and overall party. We had a really great time.

alcovewine.com/

Re: Bridal/couples shower venue recommendation

• Options
    Thanks for the heads up! That sounds like a really good idea. My MOH and I were just talking about where we might want to have my bridal shower, because we don't think my mom's house would be big enough, and the club house at my apts would be great, but they're closed on Sundays ;/. Glad to hear your couples shower was great and the weather hopefully wasn't too cold. How was the pricing for having it there?
  • Options
    Oooh, I love the Alcove!
  • Options
    I'm not sure about the pricing since my wedding party threw the shower for us. We literally just had to show up which was amazing but they hosted open bar from 2-5 so that coupld play a big factor in the price. I'm assuming since it's a wine bar as long as you buy a certain amount of wine there probably isnt a fee. That's how most wine bars work.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bridalcouples-shower-venue-recommendation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c6d22bca-1f77-495c-9973-aeb7e3810e2aPost:5edad935-aaa9-439d-a248-284735a2b1f6">Re: Bridal/couples shower venue recommendation</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the heads up! That sounds like a really good idea. My MOH and I were just talking about where we might want to have my bridal shower, because we don't think my mom's house would be big enough, and the club house at my apts would be great, but they're closed on Sundays ;/. Glad to hear your couples shower was great and the weather hopefully wasn't too cold. How was the pricing for having it there?
    Posted by LynnJared[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bridalcouples-shower-venue-recommendation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c6d22bca-1f77-495c-9973-aeb7e3810e2aPost:716e863a-25a1-493f-a467-31eb5481aa45">Re: Bridal/couples shower venue recommendation</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure about the pricing since my wedding party threw the shower for us. We literally just had to show up which was amazing but they hosted open bar from 2-5 so that coupld play a big factor in the price. I'm assuming since it's a wine bar as long as you buy a certain amount of wine there probably isnt a fee. That's how most wine bars work. In Response to Re: Bridal/couples shower venue recommendation :
    Posted by tiffanygoss[/QUOTE]

Good to know! Thanks!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bridalcouples-shower-venue-recommendation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c6d22bca-1f77-495c-9973-aeb7e3810e2aPost:0d768ca7-dce9-4eeb-a46f-f029eeca3424">Re: Bridal/couples shower venue recommendation</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bridal/couples shower venue recommendation : Good to know! Thanks!
    Posted by LynnJared[/QUOTE]

Just to add it didnt feel like a bar at all, There's lots of natural light, outside seating, and it's decorated very cozy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards