Registry and Gift Forum

Registry when having a super small wedding

Hello!

Quick question-- I keep seeing that it is absolutely crucial that my fiance and I make a wedding registry. Certainly, I have no problem with sitting around hemming and hawing and picking out neat things to put on a wish list but it feels a little unnecessary in our situation and I'm wondering if it really matters/is even appropriate? Our guest list is at fifteen people and will not be growing, they are all extremely close friends; many of which are college students and not exactly rolling in money. My fiance and I have also been living together for almost four years and we're pretty well stocked (although certain upgrades would be nice!). I can honestly say that I would be 100% blissfully happy if everyone just showed up with hugs and support, but should we still make a registry? Thoughts?

Re: Registry when having a super small wedding

• Hello! I am also having a small wedding (not as small...35 people) and although I am like yourself, blissfully happy if everyone showed up and had fun, I have been bugged that I need to have a wedding registry. So we are in process of creating one...a small one with basic items that we truly need: towels, curtain, etc...not some crazy $350 mixer (although it would be awesome)...
  • You don't have to create a registry at all.  But if you skip the registry, I'd also skip having any sort of showers.
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This thread is 2 years old - OP has probably figured out what to do with her registry. :)
    *********************************************************************************

• Ugh...someone bumped it at 11am.
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards