Registry and Gift Forum

Stalking my registry!

OK... So I've found myself stalking my registry at least once a say.  And get so excited when things are purchased off it since we just recently got engaged.  I feel like I've completely lost my mind.  I wanted to see if anyone else checks their registry as much as I do...

Re: Stalking my registry!

• I do the same thing, it's a sick addiction. My parents are throwing me and FI an engagement party next week. We registered for china, crystal, silverware, and other things we knew wouldn't get discontinued during our long engagement. I didn't think much of it and figured my mom and maybe an aunt would buy off of it this early, but I checked the other day and all of our Kate Spade china settings and Vera Wang crystal stemware was bought! I was so shocked and thrilled that now I'm addicted to checking all of the time. I better learn how to look surprised though :)
    Photobucket
  • the surprise comes in who gave you what, I was shocked at my last shower when one of my friends bought a set of our dishes at $79! 
  • I stalked mine almost every day. It was so exciting seeing things shown as purchased! There are a couple of things that are shown as purchased that we haven't received though.. they were purchased more than a month ago and I didn't get them for my shower or the wedding? Strange.. it must have been a mistake but I'm a little disappointed because I was super pumped about one of them!
  • My Fiance made it a favorite on the computer.   I didn't really want to look at it but my MOH said it's completely normal.  She looked at hers daily to so I guess looking at it is pretty normal.
  • dnajmidnajmi member
    First Comment
    Its a sick addiction!  I went to one of my registries about 2 weeks ago to add something (seriously!) and saw a few things purchased and now I check it everyday.  I want to be surprised,  I want to not check it, but its like christmas everday...how can I not check!  Bridal shower invites went out a few weeks ago so im guessing that has been most of the purchases.  Wedding invites went out a few days ago...I will probably be even more obsessed.  I wish I could stop!  lol
  • I have my bridal shower next Saturday and I have been stalking like crazy...and to be honest, I started stalking right after we registered a couple months ago! To change the topic, MissCM, do you have any photos of your hair? The back looks great in your siggy! I want mine wavy/loose curls/half up.
  • Ahh, So glad I'm not on my own. I checked he other day, just for kicks and when I saw things had been purchased, it all went downhill from there. Now I check everyday :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am so happy to hear this is normal I look at mine a couple times a day. My shower is this saturday so excited. I can't wait to get and use a few of the items that have been purchased. Now to only see who got me what.  
  • dnajmidnajmi member
    First Comment
    tiggerthey say not to use any of the stuff you get!  I guess its bad luck or something.  They say you should not use the stuff til after the wedding...
  • I did the same thing!  It was so much fun!  It's still a surprise to see who got you what and there are always people who buys things not on the registry, so showers are still fun!
  • I did this prior to my bridal shower but mainly because some of my relatives needed gift suggestions and were unable to access the registry.
  • There are a couple of things that are shown as purchased that we haven't received though.. they were purchased more than a month ago and I didn't get them for my shower or the wedding? Strange.. it must have been a mistake but I'm a little disappointed because I was super pumped about one of them! ___________________________________that could mean that someone bought the shower gift and wedding gift at the same time and you'll get whatever it is at the wedding?  I do that w friends bc if i wait till right before then I generally cannot afford what is left on the registry lol!
  • Thanks ladies!!!  I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one!!!
  • I've been doing it for months and it is a crazy addiction! My fiance calls it cheating and thinks that I shouldn't do it, but it's just too exciting. And it will still be a surprise because I don't know who will get us what.
  • I would check mine and update it quite often.  When I noticed things started to be purchased I got really excited.  At my first shower I found it really hard to act surprised because I could tell by the shape of the boxes what most of it was.  So for the second shower I didn't look at all, it was way more fun and I could actually look surprised (I am an awful actress).  Now as far as wedding goes, I check it more often again...I won't be opening the gifts in front of my guests so I won't have to act this time around!  My friend got married last summer and she checked hers 100 times per day...completely normal :)
  • It is impossible to not stalk your registry. I do it about once a week. Especially since my wedding is only 18 days away. Its fun to see what people got you and makes me excited to get the gifts! I don't know anyone who hasn't stalked their registry.
  • Crazy addiction, I do it all the time!  Oh and Williams-Sonoma has a "Thank You Card Manager" so you can actually see who bought it... I know, I'm horrible!
  • Ok ladies, can someone please fill me in on how I can stalk my registries? Maybe I'm missing something when I check my registries online. We are registered at Target, Macy's and BB&B. Thanks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker small
  • I've been checking it a lot (macy's), and nothing's been purchased yet. We have 2 months to go! I thought people would buy by now, but nope. It's a good idea to check, though because I realized several of our items had been discontinued and we needed to sub.
  • mizu22mizu22 member
    First Comment
    i did it. it's normal :)
  • MegRamMegRam member
    First Comment
    I check it every day! My wedding shower is next weekend and I I just can't help checking it.
  • I did this too! I was terrible.We registered at target and a honeymoon registry...I checked the HR more often since they direct deposit money in your account at specific dates so I was making sure the transactions went through.Jeanne- You don't have to worry about looking surprised...you may know that the items were bought but you don't know from who!
  • I looked last night for the first time and someone had bought something. I felt guilty that I had looked. 
  • I dont feel guilty for looking bc I still don't know who purchased the items until we recieve them. I have a bunch of stuff on my C&B registry that was purchased a while ago that we still havent recieved... I hope people arent bringing it to the wedding as we are travelling there and wont be able to bring it back :( oh well! The only one I dont stalk regularly is Traveler's Joy bc they send me an email when something is purchased :)
  • Wow...so I guess I'm the only bride to be that doesn't check my registry.  I started working on mine a few months ago and then took a break from it.  Meanwhile, a few people asked my mom where I was going to register and when I was finalizing it last week, I was afraid to look because I didn't want to see if anyone bought anything.  I guess I'm just old fashioned and love surprises...so from now until my shower (whenever that is planned for) and my wedding in Dec., I will not be checking it at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards