Registry and Gift Forum

Pottery Barn or Crate & Barrel??

We've decided to register at Macy's, BBB, and either Pottery Barn or Crate & Barrel.  My FI doesn't really care, so the choice is up to me.  What does everyone recommend??
Anniversary
Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!

Re: Pottery Barn or Crate & Barrel??

• We're registered at both, and Crate & Barrel has been much more user-friendly. Registering at Crate & Barrel was so easy and simple, and it is so easy to update online. Every single item online is available for you to add to your registry, which is not the case with Pottery Barn. Pottery Barn discontinued items more often than Crate and Barrel did, so we had to update it more. Plus, there were a lot of items that we registered for in the store at Pottery Barn that were not available for guests to purchase online - this never happened at Crate and Barrel.
  • Pottery barn! The stuff at C&B you can probably find all of more or less at Macy's and BBB. Plus, in my opinion, Pottery Barn has the world's very best towels. I've had mine for 2 years and they are absolutely perfect still!
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com
  • I registered for different patterns of flatware and dinnerware at both Pottery Barn and Crate & Barrel. I still really liked the flatware that we got from Crate & Barrel. The dinnerware (fine bone china) not as much, it marked. And the patterns are now discontinued. I still like the porcelain white dinnerware that we got from Pottery Barn, but I ended up taking back the flatware that we got from Pottery Barn (I liked the flatware that we got from Crate & Barrel better). It was almost like I was hoping that my wedding guests would decide which pattern that they liked. And my dinnerware pattern is discontinued, but I still enjoy the white porcelain dinnerware. Believe me, even if you register at both, your wedding guests will decide where they want to shop at. If I could do it over again, I would have only registered for flatware at Crate & Barrel, and dinnerware at Pottery Barn.
    imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • We had a registry with c&b and there was no hassle with returning and exchanging items with and without receipts.
  • Crate & Barrell simply because as a wedding guest it was frustrating that PB changes out thier inventory seasonally and I struggled to find a set of anything that the couple registered for.  PB if it's not a long timeline between registering and gift giving.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards