Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Ring Appraisal

I need recomendations for a jeweler who does appraisals.I need one for insurance purposes. I don't have a preference on location. TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ring Appraisal

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used the jeweler who made my ring, Kim Gillespie with Gillespie Jewelers in Addison.
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    About how long did it take?
    About how much did it cost?
    We purchased our rings from Kay's and they stated it would take up to a MONTH!
    I wouldn't have any of my rings for a month!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just went through this for my insurance!  He got my ring at Kay, but they don't do in house appraisals.  They said to go to Jarrod's, but their in house guy only comes once a month and it was $90.

I don't know if you're close to Lewisville, but I ended up getting mine done at Beasley's Jewelry.  I got in in before noon, and they had it done before 3 pm for $35.

If you aren't near Lewisville, I would highly recommend calling around you and going to a local place, I'm sure they'll be a lot cheaper than the chains.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine appraised at the place FI purchased it - Nasr Brothers.  It was free.  That is sad that Kay's doesn't provide a speedier service.
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all the recomendations. When I called Kay's they said any jeweler should do it for free...yeah right! I don't live near lewisville, but it might be worth the drive.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ring-appraisal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c7ba4dbb-9c5f-45f3-becd-cb46ecb2689fPost:2accc7cc-1c20-47a8-99a4-17f476b6f00d">Re: Ring Appraisal</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you for all the recomendations. When I called Kay's they said any jeweler should do it for <strong>free</strong>...yeah right! I don't live near lewisville, but it might be worth the drive.
    Posted by MLandCJ[/QUOTE]

HaHa.  I think that's only true if you get the ring from that jeweler.  I don't know if this helps but the Kay's in Lewisville did give me a certificate for insurance which my insurance would have taken, <em>if </em>it wasn't dated over a year ago (I know, my bad on waiting so long).  So if you're within a year, you could ask and try that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When my fiancee got mine-he got it from Jared. He got insurance on mine too. I gotta go in December and June every year. Not sure on cost or anything.
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ring-appraisal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c7ba4dbb-9c5f-45f3-becd-cb46ecb2689fPost:cec28fd9-75a4-497a-bae1-a47b89908507">Re: Ring Appraisal</a>:
    [QUOTE]When my fiancee got mine-he got it from Jared. He got insurance on mine too. I gotta go in December and June every year. Not sure on cost or anything.
    Posted by meghanttu08[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking you are talking about a type  of warranty/insurance through the store. They will replace or fix your jewelry if you have it checked up every 6 months.

I'm wanting to get insurance on the rings incase they are in a fire, stolen or lost. It is just a little extra piece of mind. It is a rider that is an addition to what would be my homeowner's insurance policy. To recieve this though I need to have the rings appraised with documentation in my name to verify that I own the rings.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards