Registry and Gift Forum

Boudoir Photos... Gift!

I got boudoir photos for my fiance as a wedding gift to him. Anyone else who did this -- how did you present them? What were they in (book, etc)... and when did you give them to him? Thanks!!

Re: Boudoir Photos... Gift!

• I ended up ordering 5x7s and putting them in a little photo album myself. It was a lot cheaper than having them make the photo album. This way I got a variety of photos and the album is small enough that he can toss it in his bag when he goes on trips and stuff. I actually "gave" it to him about a month in advance. I put one of the proof pictures on the cp screen and had him come in to the room. I did it this way because I wanted him to pick out the pictures he liked. He obviously picked some different ones than I would have. Then I gave him the book about a week before the wedding.
  • I just had mine done last weekend. And I am making into a small scrapbook. Nothing to fancy..but some pink and red lips and lace. I plan on giving it to him the night before the wedding.
  • for all of you who have done this - about how much does it cost?
  • I'm in DC and my package was $600 which included a 2 hours session, a print, and a pro album
  • Im in Nebraska so mine were a lot cheaper. I went as a group with some other knotties (not at the same time,  but on the same day). They gave us a party rate, so it was only $60 for the photo shoot, with 2 outfits and 2 scenes for an hour. After that it was whatever photos I want. I ordered about $100 in photos, and bought a $10 album to put them in myself. So about $170 total. So worth it!
  • Got mine done in central VA by a photographer from DC (Tait Photography does trips around the country). $150 for the 1 1/2 hour shoot plus $80 for hair/makeup (optional) and then I'll pay extra for photos ($10/electronic photo - which means you can print as many as you like on your own and keep the photos permanently). I'm planning on purchasing a Kolo brand book (gorgeous linen-covered books with nice, thick paper pages ... best book out there IMO) and will place photos in with photo corners (can buy at any craft store). Probably will give to him the night before the wedding.
  • My photographer recommended mpix.com to have photo books printed. That's what I plan to do. It's only going to cost me around $30 +shipping. The shoot itself cost $350 for the photographer and $150 for H&M, plus $170 to rent a room at a B&B because FMIL lives with us, so my house is out of the question. I'm going to give him the book on the morning of the wedding
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got some boudoir photos taken by a professional photographer and did a few different things. I ordered my 2 favorite black and white shots and got them printed up on 8 x 10s and matted in black & white and framed in black. They're really classy looking. These will probably be somewhere in an inconspicuous place in our bedroom. I also got one wide, large frame that includes four 4 x 6 photos in a straight row, all of them are more fun and not too revealing so they could go anywhere (probably still in the bedroom though). Lastly, I ordered six 5 x 7 shots and I put them into a Kolo book. I also wrote a note to my fiance on the inside cover. I was going to give these to him the day before the wedding but now, after reading another response, I'm liking the idea of doing it on the morning of the wedding! What a great way to kick off the day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards