Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Macys Registry is TERRIBLE

I would like to discourage brides from registering at Macys. My wedding is in 2 weeks and I have had my registry up for a few months. Many of my items have gone out of stock. My dinnerware pattern just diappeared completely, now they say it is discontinued. Some items go away and then come back. Besides that, creating it was a huge mess. I experienced so many glitches on the website. It took forever. I am so, so diappointed, and now it is really too late for me to do anything about it. If you are just starting out - just pick a different department store. Macy's is not worth it. You will have problems, believe me!

Re: Macys Registry is TERRIBLE

• Options
    I had great luck with our Macy's registry. How early did you register? Some things just get discontinued. It's the manufacturer, not the store. If you registered early or the line is trendy, you risk it getting discontinued.
  • Options
    OH no! I am registering there tomorrow
  • Options
    I haven't had any trouble with our Macy's registry. We went to one of their "sip and scan" parties and had a great time, the sales people were really helpful and we got everything done in no time. I'm sorry you've had a bad experience with them. Our other registry is at Crate and Barrel and some of that stuff has been discontinued or dropped off the registry but they were more seasonal items anyway.
  • Options
    This isn't really a Macy's specific problem. Things get discontinued at stores all the time. That is why people suggest you check on the registry so that if/when it happens you can pick new things. Things go out of stock and get discontinued all the time. It almost amounts to luck of the draw because it often isn't known what is being discontinued and what isn't until shortly before it happens. I didn't have a Macy's registry but have purchased off of it many times for various weddings. From a guest's standpoint it has always been great and I've never heard any of my friends complain.
  • Options
    I am really sorry to hear that you had so many problems. We registered there, BB and Beyond, and we are also doing the honeyfund.com for something different. We registered for much standard stuff at both places. And if anything gets discontinued, we will just update after Christmas, and as it gets closer to our April wedding.
    BJ Owen-Tubbs Anniversary
  • Options
    A friend of mine is still bitter that this happened to her. I believe she and her husband registered early. Her problem was that they didn't contact her that the items would be discontinuing. I haven't had any problems like that with mine. The only problem we've had was that something was backordered for a few months!Good luck!
  • Options
    So far I've had no problems with Macys. Agree with pp that it's not Macy's fault that things get discontinued.
  • Options
    I can possibly answer the things showing up that weren't on the list for the PP.  When we registered, the woman helping us said to make sure and give her specificaly the scanner when we were done, bc if they don't log you out, the next person to use it will add their gifts to your registry.  Talk about a mess.We did register at Macy's, but then we discovered that BB&B carried our china pattern (much cheaper) and all the stuff we wanted anyway, so we're probably going to cancel it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards