Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Tacky?

A friend of a friend got married a couple months ago and on her registry was nail polish, slinky night-wear, hair remover, and make-up. They also registered for a baby car seat. I LOL when I heard that. Am I the only one?

Re: Tacky?

• Options
    I just picked my jaw up off the desk.  Hair remover?  Like nair?  The idea is that you don't want anyone to know you have unwanted body hair...
  • Options
    Nair?  Dang it I knew I forgot to register for something!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    P.S. Leah, your picture reminded me that we actually almost DID register for a snuggie, as a joke.  Leopard print, naturally.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    A baby car seat? Isn't that what a BABY shower is for?
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I dunno if it's tacky, but it is funny. Was she preggers at the time of the wedding?
  • Options
    Tacky?  eh.  Slightly ridiculous and really funny?  yes!
  • Options
    We registered for a dog bed... =)But makeup? Makeup isn't expensive... She can't afford to buy it herself?
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • Options
    It's just so... weird!
  • Options
    It's not even about being able to buy it herself. I mean, if I wanted a kitchenaid mixer, I *could* buy it myself. It's that I would NEVER give someone nair as a gift... even though they wanted it!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Strange...
  • Options
    So, did she get any of those items?
  • Options
    I wonder if the places messed up the registry or something... or if the groom to be thought it would be funny.
  • Options
    OMG...This post was just what I needed at the end of this stressful day! That is hilarious!!
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    She probably did that to ensure that people would give money instead ... I've heard of (Sadly on MANY occasions) of couples essentially registering for crap that nobody actually would give as a gift (Like condoms and toilet paper) as kind of a "Hahaha, now you HAVE to give us cash".While I would prefer the monetary gifts, I am NOT stooping that that.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    Were there other "normal" items on the registry too? I'm just wondering if maybe there was a mixup or something at the store. Or maybe someone created the registry using her name as a prank.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, there were plenty of other regular things on the registry.... bakeware, bathroom stuff, etc.She did get 2 of the 6 nail polishes she registered for, one from my friend and one from another friend invited to the wedding (who both thought those registry items were dumb). The bride was known to be someone who wanted a baby so so so bad so to her friends, the car seat was no surprise. Just ridiculous. When confronted, the bride claimed the car seat appeared by accident, but her friends dont believe that for a second.As for the nightwear, hair remover (yes, Nair!), and makeup --- the bride did get one of the sexy nighties, but my friend didn't know if she got any of the other stuff.I still can't get over how funny it is that my friend and her friend decided to go ahead and get her nail polish for a wedding gift. (But the other girl didn't get a wedding gift from this bride when she got married, so I think nail polish was generous!) :P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards