Registry and Gift Forum
Options

parent gifts? how do they work??

Hello! So I am not sure what to do.... 

I am not too sure how parent gifts work! I have my father, step-mother, mother, step-father and mother and father-in-law... Do they all receive individual gifts?? Are engagement pictures a good gift? If so, do they receive wedding pictures/albums as a wedding gift or is it just assumed that they will receive wedding pics/albums as well as a gift?? Should my in-laws receive gifts if they are not contributing to the wedding??

Thanks girls! 

Re: parent gifts? how do they work??

• Options
    great! thanks so much for the response. 
  • Options
    You give them gifts to show thanks for their support (not just financial contribution)

Each set of parents is getting an album with wedding pictures after the wedding, and a gift card ($25 per couple)with a note at the rehearsal dinner.
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • Options
    We got my parents a gorgeous Kate Spade photo album and a gift certificate to a restaurant. We gave my ILs a gift certificate to a bed and breakfast.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    We have two ring bearers, so we're having ring bowls made on Etsy with a nice thank you custom stamped in the bowl to each set of parents.  They'll get them after the wedding.  We may also add a gift card to each couple's favorite restaurant, as I can already see the moms completely using the bowls for jewelry and things, and the dads not getting anything.  ;-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    Traditionally, the bride's parents get a wedding album with some pics of the bride/groom, and all the pics of the bride's family...
    and the groom's parents get a wedding album with some pics of the bride/groom, and all the pics of the groom's family.

That's what we did, and that's what everyone I know did.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards