Registry and Gift Forum

How Do You Resist the Urge to Check Your Registry!?!

So, we’ve been registered for a bit now & I often check it to see if something is discontinued or needs to change. I recently noticed 1 item was purchased & then received it a few days later. Now 4 more things are purchased. I almost died giggling.

I’m taking this as a sign that my bridal shower is nearing. So, I need to stop looking at it.

The whole changing the password thing doesn’t work. I can just look at it like a guest :)

HOW! How do I resist the urge of peeking?? Any tips?

Re: How Do You Resist the Urge to Check Your Registry!?!

• How do I resist? I don't. And only one thing has been bought, I'm pretty sure I'm getting it for my shower.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm glad to see I'm not alone. I don't feel as guilty anymore. 

Back to stalking the registryyyyyyy!
  • You don't!  Haha, at least in my case.  There's still an element of surprise that you don't know who bought what until you receive the gift, but you can be excited if something you especially wanted is checked off.  It turned out that the first purchase off my registry (for a Christmas gift) was made by my mother, which was kind of fitting, and my future in-laws gave me my absolute favorite item as a Christmas gift which was also very nice and I was very psyched that it had been purchased and curious for a few weeks to see who had purchased it and very touched that it came from them.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_resist-urge-check-registry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:1d143cd7-dd73-408d-baf7-a7fbbe779bcePost:d97d64f9-7afb-48b5-9ad5-8c1234decbaf">Re: How Do You Resist the Urge to Check Your Registry!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You don't!  Haha, at least in my case.  There's still an element of surprise that you don't know who bought what until you receive the gift, but you can be excited if something you especially wanted is checked off.  It turned out that the first purchase off my registry (for a Christmas gift) was made by my mother, which was kind of fitting, and my future in-laws gave me my absolute favorite item as a Christmas gift which was also very nice and I was very psyched that it had been purchased and curious for a few weeks to see who had purchased it and very touched that it came from them.
    Posted by meganb1977[/QUOTE]
    I'm so desperate to know who got the items!! The first was a salad spinner...nothing too exciting. It turned out to be from an acquaintance who un-invited me to her wedding...long story.<div>
    </div><div>Now I see my whole bedding ensemble, all the sheets & bankets gone! It's over $300 right there. It has to be a family member. I just wonder who!!!  *almost faints*</div>
  • Ooh yay bedding!  I don't blame you for being excited, I'm sure you can't wait to see how it looks.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • I don't resist the urge.  Haha, I give in.
  • We stalked it and then tried to guess who bought the latest item to come off.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • I didn't bother avoiding it. I figured we picked it all out, so the surprise was in who gave it to us, not what the gift was. Plus like Edie said, some of my favorite gifts were off-registry anyway.
  • I was a stalker up until the morning of my bridal shower (last Sunday) so I can't help.  What I will say is nothing is ruined by knowing which gifts were bought. Opening them and seeing who they're from is exciting.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Agree with everyone else... I don't resist the urge. I registered in Novemeber and have found each month when I check it that a few things have been discontinued so I need to re-select some things. I will definitely be checking it more frequently after shower invites go out and after my shower to make sure there are still a good range of options for people.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I didn't resist the urge at all!!  Im actually going to check it now!!!  Also I think its a good idea to keep checking back to see if you need to add more things.  My FI and I are moving into our apartment in a few weeks and hope to be there for the next few years.  We have moved every year since we got into college.  So we will have a lot of unpacking and things to do before we can put more items on our registry.  In the beginning we put things we want for the wedding day like the cake topper, toasting flute, cake cutting set, and fine china.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "A wedding is a day, a marriage is a lifetime"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards