Registry and Gift Forum

BM gift ideas!!

I have been on the hunt for months now to try and find the perfect gift to give my girls. I wanted to make them a "spa day a home" gift bag with candles, bubble bath, face mask, lotions etc. and I wanted to include some things they can use "day of" almost like a small survival kit type thing. But the main thing I wanted to do was give them a cute satin robe that they can wear while we are all getting ready. My future sis-in-law beat me to the punch. She got married about 6 months ago and when they opened up their gifts they got robes to get ready in as well. This wouldn't be a big deal but she is a BM in my wedding. I don't want to give her a gift that she already gave and make it seem like im copying her. Our weddings are already so similar (we have the exact same taste) and I don't want her to think Im stealing all of her ideas. I know she wouldn't care, she is the nicest person in the world, I just don't want to seem like im not trying....Making sense? 

any suggestions? Should I just do it? or think of something different? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: BM gift ideas!!

• ceh789ceh789 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    Things to use on the wedding day really aren't gifts, they're props.  It is very unlikely that your bridesmaids will use their wedding day props again after the wedding - it's like the myth of the BM dress that they'll wear again, it's a lovely fantasy but it never happens.

It is a much nicer idea for you to choose a special gift for each of these women who you have asked to stand up with you.  Select something that you would buy them for Christmas or their birthday - something that has nothing at all to do with your wedding.
  • I agree, almost every BM gift i ever got was something i used for the day of th wedding. I making something and giving each girl a gift card to a place they like to shop..
  • edited March 2012
    We love wine and so do my BMs, so I'm making the DIY chalkboard wine glasses, a little baggie of chalk, and a bottle of each of their favorite wines from a local winery. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree that day-of things are props not gifts. That said, I am providing props in addition to gifts. I am not planning robes, but long men's button up shirts in our colors and mine in white along with matching colored shorts (it will be July)to get ready in. As for gifts, I'm planning something different for each girl.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_bm-gift-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:208f9009-f933-4691-9f2f-c36597f36635Post:b965afc9-c259-4cf1-9148-8c9fea2c946b">Re: BM gift ideas!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We love wine and so do my BMs, so I'm making the DIY chalkboard wine glasses, a little baggie of chalk, and a bottle of each of their favorite wines from a local winery. 
    Posted by aloisk57[/QUOTE]

<font color="#ff00ff"><strong>How are you making these Chalkboard wine glasses? I actually like your idea and kind of want to steal it if you let me!!!</strong></font>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards