Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Liberty Travel HM Registry?

Has anyone had an experience with using Liberty Travel and their HM registry? If not what sites would you recommend? We have a traditional registry and are not looking for our guests to pay for our honeymoon, this would only be for additional activities. We have brought up the idea to a lot of our guests and we have not heard one negative response.

Re: Liberty Travel HM Registry?

• Options
    please make sure that they do not charge your guests any kind of fee on top of their gift and be sure that it actually pays for the excursion, etc and that they don't just cash it out to you.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_liberty-travel-hm-registry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:237275f7-d96f-4713-966c-709d842a470dPost:4910203a-d1c2-4359-81db-865a2e237816">Liberty Travel HM Registry?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone had an experience with using Liberty Travel and their HM registry? If not what sites would you recommend? We have a traditional registry and are not looking for our guests to pay for our honeymoon, this would only be for additional activities. We have brought up the idea to a lot of our guests and we have not heard one negative response.
    Posted by demarcosjd[/QUOTE]

Well, people would never be like "oh that's so rude" to your face.  People tend to give brides a lot of leeway on questionable decisions in person, but then are privately annoyed.  I think honeymoon registries are a bit rude, but if someone mentioned they had one I'd just kind of nod politely and buy something off their regular registry instead.

Anyway, just make sure they don't charge your guests any fees or take a percentage for themselves. 
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    I personally wouldn't contribute through one of them because I don't trust them in general.  I would prefer to give you something off your regular registry, or cash.  That way - I KNOW you're getting the full value of my gift, and you're getting it on time.  I don't have to worry about you getting a letter a month after you get home about how you have 3 awesome massages and a parasailing excursion waiting for you on your honeymoon (that you didn't know about and didn't use while you were there).
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options

Thank you for the responses I can see where you are coming from. However, majority of our guests have expressed they would like to buy off of the HM registry instead of buying a blender that could essentially be replaced or broken. I think it could work well for some couples while others might be apposed to it, it will depend on the attitude of your guests. We also have 2 traditional registries in case someone does not like the idea. We are also going to take pictures of the activities we will be doing and send them to our guests who have purchased them for us with their thank yous.

I asked about Liberty because we can choose when we would like to receive the gifts. It could be a few weeks before the wedding to ensure we have them and the activites are booked. I was looking for feedback on anyone that has used them or another site.

• Options
    You brought up your registry to your guests? 

That's much tackier than a HM registry.
  • Options
    Its not like we personally went to every guest and said heyyy this is what we are thinking. It was a casual conversation with close friends who actually asked us where we were thinking about registering. It is what it is, I wasn't looking to find out if ppl thought it was tacky I was asking if anyone has used a certain site. To each their own.  
  • Options
    Wow there are some serious HM registry haters, I just don't get it. I think its a great idea, I think that family and friends would be happy to put their gift money towards an amazing memory you will make on your honeymoon.
    I have heard great things about the site Travelers Joy, there is no fee for guests to pay to contribute to your gifts which definately a bonus. They have 3 other sites listed on their site to compare fees and Travelers Joy was the best in comparison.
  • Options
    My cousin used Liberty Travel for theirs in 2008 and honestly it was a total PITA (from a guest's perspective).  They included a card with her bridal shower invitation and I promptly went online to try and pull up her information. For at least 2 weeks after receiving the registry card their website continued to tell me that "this couple cannot be found." I called LT and the rep also could not locate their info - even referencing their registry number. I finally had to track down a local office and spent about an hour waiting there for a sales rep. to free up and help me. I did manage to finally get it accomplished in time for her shower. Hopefully they've made some improvements since I've dealt with them. Good luck!
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • Options
    Really - your guests would rather give you something through a company they've never heard of than cash?

I mean, I know about Macy's and BB&B and all the other stores that do registries in the US.  I don't KNOW anything about the HM registry companies.  Beyond the fact that I think it's tacky, I just don't trust them.  Any of them.  I don't care if another bride has used them - if I'm a guest at your wedding, I wouldn't trust them since I have no experience with them and don't know anybody who has.

I get what you're trying to achieve, and I get it that at least some portion of your guests are cool with it.  I just think that a larger portion may be put off by it. 

Word of mouth that you considered a HM registry but decided against it because you weren't comfortable with the companies will likely end up in you receiving cash instead, which you can then use as you see fit.

(I'd hate it as a guest if I gave you a parasailing excursion and found out you only went b/c it was pre-paid, but that you'd have rather gone to a massage.  That's one of those things that, as a guest, you might not be able to really plan properly for until you're THERE.)
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    It's great if your friends are into that but many guests may not be.  At least keep a registry at a brick and mortar place if you do opt to register for your honeymoon.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback. We do have 2 other traditional registries at Target and Macy's. I will check out Travelers Joy, thank you for the feedback on Liberty Travel.
  • Options
    We found the LT HM registry hard to use. I wish we had done Honeyfund. in the end...our registries were barely used....so it was a wash (long story)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards