Registry and Gift Forum

When to register?

So, how soon after you get engaged do you register? Also, how many places should you register at?

Thanks in advance!
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: When to register?

• I registered one year before my wedding (last September) because I was excited and wanted to do something wedding related and I knew registering is a bit of a process (I scouted out the stores and compaired prices twice before hand).  I did get several registery items for Christmas, so I'm glad I registered when I did.  I will say my cookware was discontinued, so I had to select new ones.  Not a big deal.  Just make sure if you register early like I did that you maintain it.  Happy planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • I registered 6 months beforehand.
  • TiffannieFTiffannieF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    We didn't register until 3 months before the wedding because I didn't see the point in doing it any earlier (pre wedding parties weren't scheduled until 2 months before the wedding).  Although I would say do registry more than 3 months in advance because it takes a bit longer than you think and it kind of got in my way of planning.  But be careful registering too early can cause you way more headache than anything...you may change the taste in china you use, you may get that gift as a present for a birthday or Christmas, it might be out of stock...all of this will require you to take time and alter your registry over and over. 

I think most to do lists recommend 6 months...I say 4-5 months (unless you are having an engagement party).

And just to let you know somebody asked this same question like 5 posts before you so try to read through at least the first page on a board to see if anybody has asked this question already.
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards