Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Purchasing Online

My friend is getting married next month. I was checking out her registry online and was going to make a purchase and then I realized the shipping address was automatically entered as her and her FI's house. If I'm attending the wedding, would I still have the gift shipped to her house right after I purchase it or should I buy it in store so I can hand-deliver it on the day of the wedding? Thanks for the advice!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Purchasing Online

• Options
    It's good etiquette to have the gift sent to their house before the wedding.  It's less for them to schlep around from the wedding to hotel to home.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Ditto J&K.  Ship it.
  • Options
    Do you know if Target gift wraps items that are shipped directly to the couple? How do they know who it's from??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Can't help you there.  I would imagine, though, as you go through the ordering process, they'll ask if you want gift-wrapping or something like that.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_purchasing-online?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:28092009-e09e-496b-baec-0972b6ebfe9ePost:a15defa1-89d7-48eb-a6e9-3ce5a51bdf37">Re: Purchasing Online</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you know if Target gift wraps items that are shipped directly to the couple? How do they know who it's from??
    Posted by ajroark[/QUOTE]

I haven't purchased online from Target, but most websites give you the option of paying for gift wrap and/or including a free gift message.  Use the gift message to say who it's from.  Some places will also include the packing slip, but not all do that. 
  • Options
    For most items there is a gift wrap option.  You can choose a message for a small card to be attached so they know it's from you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies! One more question: what about the bridal shower gift? Ship directly or give the day of?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_purchasing-online?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:28092009-e09e-496b-baec-0972b6ebfe9ePost:82a74397-ddfd-4b7f-9b1e-38982f4fbc75">Re: Purchasing Online</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, ladies! One more question: what about the bridal shower gift? Ship directly or give the day of?

Are you attending the shower?  You open the gifts at the shower, so definitely bring it if you're going.  If you need to ship it for whatever reason (like you are out of town), you can ship it to the shower hostess and ask her to bring it. 
  • Options
    If you're going to the shower, bring the gift.  If not, you can ship it.

If the shower is going to be OOT for the bride, shipping is a great help but by no means necessary.  That's what my BM did for my shower.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_purchasing-online?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:28092009-e09e-496b-baec-0972b6ebfe9ePost:a15defa1-89d7-48eb-a6e9-3ce5a51bdf37">Re: Purchasing Online</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you know if Target gift wraps items that are shipped directly to the couple? How do they know who it's from??

Yes, Target will wrap the gift in a nice white paper (with little ivory Target logos on it). They also attach a small card if you choose to include a message to the couple with your gift. I had a few presents from my Target registry shipped to me for my bridal shower, and they all came this way. Not sure if it costs anything, though, as I haven't purchased anything from a Target registry to have shipped.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards