Registry and Gift Forum

Registry and website question

We combined our houses so other than a fancy mixer for my baking and maybe a new vacuum I can not think of a single thing we need..However, we would like to either buy a new house or add another bedroom to our current house. It makes more sense to add on to me, this house will be paid for soon.  So from what I have read, making a small registry, passing the word through family and bridal party that we have all that we need but are planning on adding on to the house will clue most people in that if they feel they need to get us a gift we really would appreciate cash.  For the ones that are not so easily clued in, can you register for gift cards like at Lowes?  lol I am embarrassed for even thinking of doing this which is exactly why I am asking y'all.  Now my website question does that give people access to my knot profile? And should I include our website with the invitations like a seperate insert or on the RSVP card? Or how do I put our website info out to those invited?  I do not want it on my facebook there are so many people who are on there who are not invited to the wedding.  Thanks in advance for any help I get.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Registry and website question

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_registry-and-website-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:29b150df-44ed-4038-90bb-1df8f5b2fef3Post:158f44a1-c761-4423-a051-79e06f291b44">Registry and website question</a>:
    [QUOTE]We combined our houses so other than a fancy mixer for my baking and maybe a new vacuum I can not think of a single thing we need..However, we would like to either buy a new house or add another bedroom to our current house. It makes more sense to add on to me, this house will be paid for soon.  So from what I have read, making a small registry, passing the word through family and bridal party that we have all that we need but are planning on adding on to the house will clue most people in that if they feel they need to get us a gift we really would appreciate cash.  For the ones that are not so easily clued in, can you register for gift cards like at Lowes? <strong> lol I am embarrassed for even thinking of doing </strong>this which is exactly why I am asking y'all.  Now my website question does that give people access to my knot profile? And should I include our website with the invitations like a seperate insert or on the RSVP card? Or how do I put our website info out to those invited?  I do not want it on my facebook there are so many people who are on there who are not invited to the wedding.  Thanks in advance for any help I get.
    Posted by Gatorsgirl731[/QUOTE]

If you're embarrassed to do something, I think that's a good clue you shouldn't do it. I personally feel sort of yuck about registering for gift cards in general, regardless of where they are for. I think just making a small registry and passing by word of mouth that you are saving up for home reno's is a good way to go about it.

I would put the wedding website URL on one of the inserts you have in your invitation.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Totally agree with Summer2011
  • egm900egm900 member
    First Comment
    If there are specific home improvement items you would like from Lowe's (i.e. tools), then create an Amazon registry, and add those specific items through the universal registry feataure.  If someone sees you're registered for items at Lowe's, they will also know a gift card there is a good idea, no need to put gift cards on a registry.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_registry-and-website-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:29b150df-44ed-4038-90bb-1df8f5b2fef3Post:f09eefd4-3fb4-4053-ad2e-43fef52ad73c">Re: Registry and website question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Registry and website question : If you're embarrassed to do something, I think that's a good clue you shouldn't do it. I personally feel sort of yuck about registering for gift cards in general, regardless of where they are for. I think just making a small registry and passing by word of mouth that you are saving up for home reno's is a good way to go about it. I would put the wedding website URL on one of the inserts you have in your invitation.
    Posted by Summer2011Bride[/QUOTE]

<div>Agree</div>
  • Y'all are awesome! Thanks so much.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards