Registry and Gift Forum

zankyou.com

i recently heard about this website through honeyfunds.com I was wondering if anyone's used it or knows whether it's trust worthy or not????

Re: zankyou.com

• Wow, sounds like a horrible idea.  I thought honeymoon registries were bad enough, but this is taking it to a whole new level.  Guests think they are buying you actual gifts when in reality you are just getting cash put into your bank account.

Not a good idea and horribly rude to your guests.  If they wanted to give you cash, they would give you cash.  The reason people choose to give gifts is because they want to physically give you something other than cash.  This idea is greedy and gift-grabby.
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited November 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_zankyoucom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:2b563e83-38ee-4b2b-bc92-81b40229b2d0Post:60935747-670f-4230-96c2-b90ebc42ec5f">Re: zankyou.com</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, sounds like a horrible idea.  I thought honeymoon registries were bad enough, but this is taking it to a whole new level.  Guests think they are buying you actual gifts when in reality you are just getting cash put into your bank account. Not a good idea and horribly rude to your guests.  If they wanted to give you cash, they would give you cash.  The reason people choose to give gifts is because they want to physically give you something other than cash.  This idea is greedy and gift-grabby.
    Posted by SaraAndrew2010[/QUOTE]

This. Who on earth would register for a "charity donation"? Oh wait, maybe the brides who would "register" for a donation and then just keep the cheque like the website suggests?

Also, I'm getting the feeling this is a sneaky spam/advertisement.
  • Sounds like a full blown cash registry in disguise. Which sounds incredibly dishonest and rude to me.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Do you really need some sleazy website collect cash for you? This site is so dishonest. People know that cash gifts are always appreciated and if they want to give you cash, they will. They do not need you setting up a fake registry so you can just cash out at the end. Please do not do this to your guests. It is dishonest and very disrespectful.
  • That's great. One tacky registry site (honeyfund) giving business to another (zankyou). The fact that som fairly mainstream magazines like Elle and Contemporary Bride makes me really doubt even more what you read in bridal magazines.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_zankyoucom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:2b563e83-38ee-4b2b-bc92-81b40229b2d0Post:4f509741-bb4e-409c-bf34-3fbbd28f4489">zankyou.com</a>:
    [QUOTE]i recently heard about this website through honeyfunds.com I was wondering if anyone's used it or knows whether it's trust worthy or not????
    Posted by 866308062503707[/QUOTE]

headdesk....just when I thought there couldn't be anything more dishonest and rude than a honeymoon registry....
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    In a way it would be fitting punishment for a greedy couple if this site is a scam. Since the couple that uses it would be dishonest with their guests.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_zankyoucom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:2b563e83-38ee-4b2b-bc92-81b40229b2d0Post:a4749d5c-9a55-423c-ab90-cf46e22ee883">Re: zankyou.com</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: zankyou.com : Don't forget the mortgage registry, tricia.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

You had to remind me of that....
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Oh God, please no, that's all I have to say
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • But guuuuuuys - it's offered in 6 languages!
  • So you register for a toaster, but you don't get a toaster?  You get "the cash value" of a toaster?  And this is a good idea because.................um well,................gosh.......... as my grandma used to say "What people won't think of!"
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • I saw all these post but I have to totally disagree. My fiancee and I used Zankyou.com and we had absolutley the best experience with them. We already live together and have everything we can possibly want and need so I really dont want to be forced to get things that I dont need and have to return it. What we did was put a honeymoon fund and experiences that we wanted to do so our guests contribute to that and that is exactly what we did for the cass we received. There is no hidden agenda here and our guests absolutely knew that we were asking fo the cash equivalent of all the symbolic gifts we put on there. I feel like it is my wedding and my registry so I am embracing thenew technology and also saving my guests the time and hassle of going out and buying things that I really dont want or need.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_zankyoucom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:2b563e83-38ee-4b2b-bc92-81b40229b2d0Post:af633c5c-763f-43bf-909b-7117f0a460ca">Re: zankyou.com</a>:
    [QUOTE]I saw all these post but I have to totally disagree. My fiancee and I used Zankyou.com and we had absolutley the best experience with them. We already live together and have everything we can possibly want and need so I really dont want to be forced to get things that I dont need and have to return it. What we did was put a honeymoon fund and experiences that we wanted to do so our guests contribute to that and that is exactly what we did for the cass we received. There is no hidden agenda here and our guests absolutely knew that we were asking fo the cash equivalent of all the symbolic gifts we put on there. I feel like it is my wedding and my registry so I am embracing thenew technology <strong>and also saving my guests the time and hassle of going out and buying things that I really dont want or need.</strong>
    Posted by mac4929[/QUOTE]

Or the terrible hassle of sticking cash in a card.  

BTW, nice revival of a year old thread.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• We had regular registries and Zankyou for our wedding. The majority of our guests did not use this cash registry, but we still wanted to give our guests the option.

As for the actual website, we did not like it: it takes 10 business days for the money to be available and there are lots of charges (e.g., each time we ask for a transfer they take out a percentage on top of an initial fee per gift). In sum, we do not recommend this site.
  • Zombie thread.  @KnotPorscha

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards