Registry and Gift Forum
Options

First gifts!!

Just want to say how excited I am! Was checking the registry and updating it and saw that two of my favorite gifts were already purchased! Our everyday place settings from Williams Sonoma and our bedding from Jonathan Adler! I am soooo excited to know we will have a comfy bed and gorgeous plates! it feels so real! My shower isnt until April and I am going to try not to registry stalk, but man this is fun!
Dreaming of our Hawaiian honeymoon! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: First gifts!!

• Options
    Yay!  Good luck trying not to registry stalk, I was on it every day.  I was so bad about it!!!
  • Options
    i totally registry stalked. oddly enough it worked in my favor because i could always answer questions about my registry when guests had them. haha

its exciting to get gifts from it! i ran to tell hubby every time we got something cool. you shouldve seen us when someone finally bought our silverware. =P

also --- we've kept our registry up after the wedding. family/friends have been using it for christmas and birthday gift ideas, which has been helpful and has cut down on the 'silly' gifts. they now have an accurate list of what we still need for our house =)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_first-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:308fd5cc-c074-49b5-b217-df0ff319b56ePost:e669fc7b-86c7-43c7-85f8-133e23bba129">Re: First gifts!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shame, shame. <strong>You're not supposed to peek.</strong> Everybody does, though.  I confess! Hee hee. Yes, isn't it exciting to get those first gifts??? Like Christmas, and YES! We are really getting married!!!
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]
    Really?!  I'm really glad that I did because otherwise my whole registry would have been bought before most of the guests had a chance to get anything for my shower.  I've had to add more stuff and wouldn't have known to otherwise.
  • Options
    We checked ours and found out that someone bought our KitchenAid mixer and I was SO excited. I have wanted one for years and knowing that I'll be getting it soon made me do a happy dance! And yes, it also makes things feel very real.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_first-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:308fd5cc-c074-49b5-b217-df0ff319b56ePost:c3fc1725-57ef-4277-94bb-3e0f5c6dfe40">Re: First gifts!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: First gifts!! : Really?!  I'm really glad that I did because otherwise my whole registry would have been bought before most of the guests had a chance to get anything for my shower.  I've had to add more stuff and wouldn't have known to otherwise.
    Posted by Jager1219[/QUOTE]

<div>I asked one of my bridesmaids who had been married before to keep an eye on my registry and let me know if things got scarce. I was VERY proud of myself for not registry-stalking, but was also very lucky to have a friend help me out.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards