Registry and Gift Forum

Number of Registries

Hi all, my FI just started registering today at BBB, and it was a little overwhelming, but the staff was helpful and got us through it, so I know most couple have been registering at more than one store, my question is this absolutely necessary, or is one Registry sufficient enough??  Thoughts??  Thanks!!
Best Wishes, Melissa Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Number of Registries

• I think it partially depend son your situation.  If you already live together and have most items a couple would need for a home, they might register at 1 or  maybe 2 stores.  If you're still living separately and still need lots of items for a house, then some couples might do about 3 (something like a target, BB&B and a home improvement store like Lowes).

It really depends on your situation.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Spreading out registries depends alot on location too; we registered at JC Penny because most of our guests have more access to Penny's than Macy's.

It's totally up to you though....
    Vacation White Knot
  • I definitely don't think you NEED to register at more than one place. FI and I only registered at BBB.

I think the only exception would be if you were registered at a local store but inviting lots of OOT'ers. In that case, you would at least want to register somewhere where guests could purchase items online and have them shipped to you.

It's a personal preference. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I think that if most of your guests live in an area with a BBB, then 1 registry is fine. It's fine to have more than 1 if you want, but it's okay to have just 1. The only time I would say that you need to make a second one is if a lot of your guests live in a certain town somewhere that doesn't have a BBB.
  • 1 is fine. BBB is a pretty widespread store and guests can order online. They also sell gift cards at other stores, too. Worst case scenario, people give you cash or go off registry. NBD. :)
  • We're using a registry through Macy's, a smaller one at Target, and a Honeymoon Registry, too. I know most Knotties don't agree with honeymoon registries, but we've talked it over a lot, and decided that it's a good option for us. So far, guests have actually bought the most stuff off of our Honeymoon Pixie registry!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've wondered about this too.
    But I'm from a small town so it's harder to say that just one at BBB is enough. The closest one to us is an hour away. For me, I don't want to make people like my Grandma have to drive an hour or get on the internet. So for her, I'm also registering at a local store or a Walmart. 

If your guests have close access to a BBB and/or the internet, then I'm sure one registry is enough. If not, I'd do a smaller one at a more convenient store.
  • We looked at just doing a Penny's registry as well!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_number-of-registries-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:35bf5987-86a5-41d2-980c-87a4382015daPost:6d2295c3-6ccb-4448-99c2-645928938506">Re: Number of Registries</a>:
    [QUOTE]Spreading out registries depends alot on location too; we registered at JC Penny because most of our guests have more access to Penny's than Macy's. It's totally up to you though....
    Posted by melntaitt[/QUOTE]
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We registered at 4 places. Macys, Crate and Barrel, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Williams Sonoma. We're having over 200 guests, many of which live in different places throughout the country, so we wanted to have several larger stores for people to choose from. Especially since we don't know which stores are closest for everyone.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards