Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Fine china AND everyday?

FI and I are combining 2 sets of very hand me down dishes.... I do plan on entertaining a decent bit and would love some fine china but we really need some cohesive dishes (and it will be good to get rid of my 20+ year old dishes handed down to me which only have 3 bowls left).

Is it okay or confusing to register for both? If so we'll probably just register for fine china and buy the daily stuff after the wedding.

We'll have a few items for the kitchen but we do own a good deal of things already such as nice knives, good pans, blenders, etc. Most don't need to be upgraded b/c they are already good. 

I'm just new to registering and all my friends got married around 10 years ago.

Re: Fine china AND everyday?

• Options
    I don't know about other stores, but Macys actually sorts your registry by category, so when your guests pull up your registry, they'll see a "fine dining" category, where all your china, crystal, etc will be, and an "everyday dining" category, that will have the other stuff (there are other categories for everything else, too). This will make it very clear in case you pick two similar patterns, so I wouldn't anticipate any confusion.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards