Registry and Gift Forum
Options

What Goes With Kate Spade June Lane GOLD china?

Hi! I have always wanted the June Lane china (in Gold), by Kate Spade. I recently purchased the place settings. It is mainly gold-so I'm wondering what type of flateware goes well with it? I am thinking flatware that has some sort of gold accent. 

Is anyone familiar with the pattern? If so-what would you recommend using for flatware? 

Re: What Goes With Kate Spade June Lane GOLD china?

• Options
    Flatware doesn't need to have gold to match china with a gold rim.  For (hundreds of?) years, flatware was sterling and china that was decorated was painted or embellished with gold.  I promise it won't look strange.

Personally, I think something a little more streamlined and less ornate would look nice with June Lane.  It's a relatively casual pattern with the dragonfly motif, so very ornate flatware might register as odd.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    When we were registering in-store we actually made up a place setting with the china we picked on a little display table they set up for us and grabbed sets of all the flatware we were contemplating to set up with it.  If you have a Macy's or BBB nearby you could try this.  It really helped us decide how patterned/ ornate we wanted our flatware, and until you hold the pieces in your hands it's hard to know if it will be comfortable to use.  I thought I wanted something very sleek/ modern but all the pieces seemed too light and informal. (My fiance wanted something very ornate).  Eventually we found a combo we both liked.  We ended up going with Wedgwood Vera Wang Grosgrain for the flatware and Vera Wang Lace (gold) for the china.  I think silvertone flatware looks fine with gold trim china. All a matter of personal taste though!
  • Options
    I have Kate Spade Malmo flatware to go with my June Lane silver colored china.  It's a very minimalist pattern that won't overpower the china...have you tried to see whether this pattern may work with the gold china?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards