Registry and Gift Forum
Options

FYI About JCP Registry

FI and I went to JCPenny in September to start our registry.  We went and were told they removed their kiosk because they're updating their system.  I called again today to see if they had been brought back and she said that they will not be getting the kiosk again and all registries will be done online from now on....CRAP!!  Not everything online is available in store.  Plus we want to see things in person before we decide to add it to our registry.

Now we're deciding where else to register besides Target...Kohl's, BB&B or Macy's...

Not sure if this is just my stores or if this is nationally!

Re: FYI About JCP Registry

• Options
    jennylove810jennylove810 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's lame.

We registered at Macy's and BBB.  I would NOT recommend doing a Target registry, as many brides have come on here to complain about Target's restrictive return policy (among other registry issues).
  • Options

Same with JCP in my area.  I also would like to see things in person before adding them to the registry.  There are a ton of items that are only available online and I hate using their website.  If you click on the general tabs for the different departments, it takes you out of registry mode and you have to start all over.  UGH

• Options
    Yeah ours is doing same thing.  We went through the store and wrote a list of stuff we'd like, now some of it I can't find online! Driving me crazy, but they've got the stuff we prefer...
    Other question, what are they going to do for older guests who don't use the internet?? The most advanced piece of technology my grandma's ever owned was my grandpa's word processor that he owned in the 70's!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_fyi-jcp-registry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:3b44bd50-a885-4b93-9b65-f0519adecad0Post:d17ac8ee-1fb1-405e-8553-0bb0631f58a0">Re: FYI About JCP Registry</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah ours is doing same thing.  We went through the store and wrote a list of stuff we'd like, now some of it I can't find online! Driving me crazy, but they've got the stuff we prefer... <strong>Other question, what are they going to do for older guests who don't use the internet??</strong> The most advanced piece of technology my grandma's ever owned was my grandpa's word processor that he owned in the 70's!
    Posted by DeannaCW[/QUOTE]

They can go into JCP & ask for the registry to be printed for them at the customer service desk.  I also made sure to register for things that were available in store & online...we only have a handful of things available online only. 

We also registered at Target and we'll be starting a registry at BBB for the other items that we need and weren't able to find what we liked at the other stores.  (i.e. bed set)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards