Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Kohl's 15% off

I just set up my Kohls registry. They say that guests can get 15% off of purchases over $50 from buying off of the registry, but  it looks like you need to give them a registry announcement card to get the discount. I don't want to use the cards because it's tacky. Do you guys have a suggestion on how to give the guests access to 15% off? Thanks!

Re: Kohl's 15% off

• Options
    noodle_oonoodle_oo member
    First Comment
    edited May 2011
    Well, that's a new one.  Looks like the store is trying even harder to encourage you to send those cards out.  I still wouldn't.  Maybe give them to family and your closest friends, but I wouldn't really mention them otherwise.  It will just seem to people like you are trying to "encourage" them to buy a gift off your registry, which may be taken as rude.
  • Options
    Actually ... as a Kohl's shopper, I can tell you that they FREQUENTLY mail out 15%, 20% and 30% off coupons to Kohl's card-holders.  And, every weekend or so, they usually put a 15% coupon in their newspaper flyer / advertisement.  So, I wouldn't worry about the announcement cards they give you.  Maybe keep them in case anyone asks if you have any coupons or something, and then give it out, like PP said.  That's just like the Macy's "friends and family" thing they email every FREAKING week... they're trying to get you to break Etiquette by forwarding the coupon to your friends, when in reality, most people who know how to shop can find the coupons for themselves.  :-) 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    Kohl's ALWAYS has deals/discounts/coupons so I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Options
    I get a Kohls coupon like daily in email or the mail, plus online you can stack codes.  So nobody should ever pay full price at Kohls- hopefully they will figure that out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards