Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Who to send thank you cards to?

Hi all,

Some of my wedding gifts came from multiple members of the same family. For example, I got one large gift from the "Blank Family," which includes members who live all over the country. The card was addressed from all of them, with each of their names. Some of them came to the wedding, some didn't.

Also, I got a gift that was from several different couples who pitched in to get us something really big and nice. I'm thinking of writing 3 identical cards and sending one to each couple, but what do I do about the family that includes Mom and Dad, Aunt and Uncle, and cousins?? Do I just send one card to the mom and dad's address and write all of their names in it? My writing arm is getting tired. Help!

Re: Who to send thank you cards to?

• Options
    Even the kids who live in other cities and probably don't even know what their parents got us?
  • Options
    Technically yes, if the kids live in other cities but they were included on the gift then you write the children a separate note as well.  One to each social unit.
  • Options
    I sent them to who I kind of assumed knew they were part of the gift and contributed to it.  At my shower I had a gift from a good portion of FI's extended family, but like I knew FSIL didn't contribute or even know that her name was on the card so in that scenario I didn't bother.
  • Options
     If it was expensive, and you think they all contributed, sent to each of them.  If it's just the parents putting their kid's names on the cards, probably send one to the parents with the kid's names on it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards