Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Private ceremony with immediate family, reception to follow months later. can we register?

My fiance and I are having a very small ceremony with 17 people including us and the officiant. We were originally planning on having the ceremony/reception with about 80 guests, but atlas, things change. I had already sent a save the date to those guests, along with an email link to our honeymoon registry (we have already been living together for 2 years and would like to go on a trip.) most of our friends and family do not really care about traditional wedding etiquette, but I am still curious. Do we keep our honeymoon registry? We hope to go away sometime between the ceremony and the reception. Would people not want to contribute because the honeymoon would be before the reception? 

Re: Private ceremony with immediate family, reception to follow months later. can we register?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_private-ceremony-with-immediate-family-reception-to-follow-months-later-can-we-register?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:446159a0-59bc-48e9-9bd4-95bfd2b6fc81Post:525bb8aa-4070-41b1-af70-dc311019ed36">Private ceremony with immediate family, reception to follow months later. can we register?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I are having a very small ceremony with 17 people including us and the officiant. We were originally planning on having the ceremony/reception with about 80 guests, but atlas, things change. I had already sent a save the date to those guests, along with an email link to our honeymoon registry (we have already been living together for 2 years and would like to go on a trip.) most of our friends and family do not really care about traditional wedding etiquette, but I am still curious. Do we keep our honeymoon registry? We hope to go away sometime between the ceremony and the reception. Would people not want to contribute because the honeymoon would be before the reception? 
    Posted by shelbiedimond[/QUOTE]

Besides the fact that honeymoon registries are deceitful (often with fees and unknown charges) and the fact that you shouldn't have had any mention of a registry with your STDs, I would think you CAN keep it up, but only until your wedding.  After your married, and before your PPD you should take it down because it looks gift grabby. You don't give someone a "congrats you're already married" present.

Also I hope you are hosting your immediate family after your ceremony.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You emailed a link to your registry?  Wow.  

You should delete the honeymoon registry immediately.  They are terribly rude.  If you want to create a real registry, it's fine, but don't embarrass yourself sending it out to people.  That's just awful!
  • Options
    I agree with PP - take it down after you're married.  Nobody will contribute to a honeymoon that you already went on.  That's really strange.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_private-ceremony-with-immediate-family-reception-to-follow-months-later-can-we-register?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:446159a0-59bc-48e9-9bd4-95bfd2b6fc81Post:525bb8aa-4070-41b1-af70-dc311019ed36">Private ceremony with immediate family, reception to follow months later. can we register?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I are having a very small ceremony with 17 people including us and the officiant. We were originally planning on having the ceremony/reception with about 80 guests, but atlas, things change. I had already sent a save the date to those guests, along with an email link to our honeymoon registry (we have already been living together for 2 years and would like to go on a trip.) <strong>1) most of our friends and family do not really care about traditional wedding etiquette, but I am still curious.</strong> Do we keep our honeymoon registry? We hope to go away sometime between the ceremony and the reception. <strong>2) Would people not want to contribute because the honeymoon would be before the reception?</strong> 
    Posted by shelbiedimond[/QUOTE]

1. You'd be surprised. Most people, even close family and friends, are polite enough not to say anything to your face. It doesn't mean they are 100% okay with what you're doing, and TBH, there are a few things in your post that most posters around here disagree with.

2. Bingo. I'd take the HR down right away, if you have to do it at all.

And since I can't help but ask, why do you want to host these 80 people months later?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards