Registry and Gift Forum

Wedding Gift for FI who has everything

My FI is a techie and has the latest everything!  Nice TVs, IPad, Iphone, Mac, 3DS, BluRay, XBox 360, everything!  I'm trying to figure out a way to top that and get him something nice above all this.  I was thinking about a new laptop: Macbook Air since that's probably the one thing he's sort of mentioned he'd like that he hasn't already bought himself.  Anybody else have any ideas of a tech gift for my tech guy?  Thanks!
Follow Me on Pinterest Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Wedding Gift for FI who has everything

• My techie FI would NOT be happy with boudoir photos (although I think it would be fun to do)... he is however in to fitness, so I will be getting him a FItBit for Christmas. Not too expensive, something he would never buy himself, still on the tech side- and it's a neat little thing. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_wedding-gift-fi-everything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:453c2c71-2cae-462c-af2b-9bd4ff79325ePost:ab8bda0a-d5b6-47f4-be5e-cfe808c72282">Re: Wedding Gift for FI who has everything</a>:
    [QUOTE]Didn't know what those were but just did a good search! wow!  Looks like it could be a good idea...just worried he'd be thinking "who took these pictures of you?".....may keep this on the list of possibilities though...
    Posted by mstoini[/QUOTE]

<div>If it's something you're interested in doing, I'd post on your local board for reccs for a photographer.  Some photographers have a whole studio and will do your hair and makeup, too.  I've heard it's pretty fun and empowering.  I think my H would probably be so happy to have the photos that he wouldn't care if they were amateur or shot by a friend (as long as the friend didn't keep copies), but if you tell your FI that you worked with a professional, that might make him feel better.  </div>
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A wedding gift should be something that is going to last.  A tech item is going to be outdated in a year or two.  He has to have other interests, pay closer attention when he is talking about them and you'll probably find another gift.  If that doesn't work, what about getting him a nice dress watch that is engraved on the back.  It's something that every man should have, if for no other reason than it looks good when you wear it to an interview.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • I got my fiance a "mini" honeymoon because our real honeymoon is not until 2 months after the wedding.  So I booked a few nights at an inn on Martha's Vineyard for the weekend immediatly the wedidng.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards