Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Attend the wedding, send the gift, what about the card?

When you ship a wedding gift to a couple ahead of their wedding, should you also still bring a card to the wedding or is it okay to go to the wedding empty handed since you already sent the gift with a card?

Just trying to figure out what makes the most sense...

Re: Attend the wedding, send the gift, what about the card?

• Options
    The only reason to bring a card to the wedding is if there is money inside of it.  People should show up to the wedding empty handed because all gifts should be shipped to the home of the bride and/or groom before the wedding.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    You certainly can bring a card if you wish, but it's not necessary.
    Lizzie
  • Options
    egm900egm900 member
    First Comment
    I always buy online and have the gift shipped, and I do not bring a card with me.  I include a card in the packaging with best wishes/congratulations, so I count that as my "card."
  • Options
    If I'm having it shipped directly to their home with no "Hallmarky" card, I bring a card to the wedding with well-wishes in it. I love getting card cards, and I love giving them.
  • Options
    People bring gifts to weddings here... in your case, you can show up without a card since you already sent them one.   You aren't showing up empty handed.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    When you send the gift, are you sending a card?  That should steer your answer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards