Registry and Gift Forum

Registry Fear

I know this is probably totally irrational, but I have a major fear that no one will get us anything ! Has this ever happened to anyone ?

Re: Registry Fear

• That could happen but people know it's proper to give something to the B&G if invited to the wedding.  Don't registry stalk.  If you do and see that no one has purchased anything off your registry, most of our gifts were monetary so don't stress.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Whew ! Ok, thanks ! 
  • I think if you register things that you know are affordable for most of your guests, there's nothing to fear.  I've seen registries with a wide range of prices, so each guest chooses a gift according to their budget.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • You'll still be married if you don't get any presents, and you cannot control if guests buy anything and what they buy...so I say, let it go.
  • I agree with jessicabessica, you cannot depend or count on your guests to get items.  If you get it, that's cool, but if you don't, you may have a backup plan to get your things or being prepared to live without them.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Yes, definitely don't count on registry gifts.

When FI and I moved into our slightly larger apartment from our shoebox sized apartment, we started to realize how many 'necessary' kitchen items we didn't have.  We've gotten a few as holiday gifts, and our registry contains the rest.  Will these items make or break our kitchen collection?  No.  Will it be nice if we receive them?  Yes.  But I'm not too worried.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards