Registry and Gift Forum
Options

i need help with this!!!

Hello everyone !!! im a Turkish girl, about to get married with an American guy and i need some help about the wedding traditions in the USA !!! In Turkey, the groom (+his family) buys the bride a set of golden necklace+earrings+ring as a wedding gift. And the bride (+her family) buys a nice watch for the groom. But i have no idea how things are going in American weddings. Can someone pls give me ideas on this ? I also want to add that neither of us have any financial problems about the wedding. Thanks a lot for your help :)

Re: i need help with this!!!

• Options
    As far as I know, American parents don't really give gifts to their daughters and sons-in-law to be at the wedding.

I gave DH a gift (an iPhone) and he gave me a pair of diamond and aquamarine earrings, but that was just because we wanted to and not because of any tradition.  Some brides and grooms exchange wedding gifts, others don't. 
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    Couples sometimes exchange gifts.  We didn't.  Things like jewelry and watches do fall under typical gifts exchanged between the bride and groom, though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards