Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Everyday dinnerware

I'm having difficulty finding a dinnerware set that my fiance and I can both agree on. I wanted something with color to brighten things up a bit, because mostly everything else on our registry is white. I also really like the square or almost square look rather then the round plates,bowls,etc.  Does anyone have any suggestions? I had this one set on my registry from BB&B and then when we went to the store the salesperson encouraged us to remove them bc she said they weren't great quality. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm registered at both BB&B and Macy's.. Thanks!!

Re: Everyday dinnerware

• Options
    duckie1905duckie1905 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2010

We have Misto in green from BBB and love it.  It is stoneware so you have to be careful (they chip easily) but we haven't had a signficant chipping problem and this is something that affects everything in this category, not just the brand itself.  We have round and square settings and love them!

I'm not sure why the store would've steered you away.  I think they are great.

• Options

We registered for everyday dishes at C&B but I have heard great stuff about fiestaware at Macy's

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'll also have to suggest fiestaware! Its so perfect, and has a 3 year chip warranty on it. Not to mention its been around since the 50's. So classic, but still fun! 
  • Options
    Ditto the Fiestaware recommendation. The other bonus is that it is microwave and oven safe and pretty inexpensive. 
    imageimage
  • Options

Thanks for the recommendations everyone! I think I may go with the fiestaware :).

• Options
    I have never heard anything negative about the fiestaware from macys, so that surprises me that BBB recommended you take it off. I have heard good things about both fiestaware and noritake (comes in lots of colors and round or square!)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_everyday-dinnerware?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:51ba777d-3cc9-45f1-8604-98f82a6cbbefPost:37c5c476-7cdf-4805-b961-3f3fb6ec047a">Re: Everyday dinnerware</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have never heard anything negative about the fiestaware from macys, so that surprises me that BBB recommended you take it off. I have heard good things about both fiestaware and noritake (comes in lots of colors and round or square!)
    Posted by LEESHY09[/QUOTE]

Go back and read the OP and the next couple posts.  Fiestaware isn't what BB recommended she remove from the registry. 
  • Options
    Fiestaware from Macy's...I have had it for years and have NEVER broken or chipped a piece!  and I can't tell you how many times I have dropped it.  New to the game is square, and if I didn't already have round I would have registered for the square.  I registered for one place setting each in 9 different colors (I already have three and I could not decide which I liked more).  I hope to have a colorful rainbow that can be mixed and matched and look great.  Good luck!  I even went to BB&B for everything else, and when they asked me where else I was registering, I said Macy's and they looked at me and said "For Fiestaware right?" and I said YEP!  They didn't blame me and actually said that they didn't have anything of that quality in their store so go for it. 
  • Options
    I'd go with Fiestaware.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The Noritake Colorwave set that pirategal03 mentioned is also available at BB&B (and for about half the price that Macy's lists it for online!) It comes in several colors and shapes and also has some matching serving pieces. But Fiestaware is probably more similar in style to the Misto, and obviously it must be good quality cuz it's been around forever!
    MSP Challenge: Favorite Registry Item
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Fiestaware is pretty timeless, though I don't know about the square dishes.  Yes, typically you see round, and that is what we are all accustomed to.  If you plan to have something a long time, I would recommend going with someone not so trendy.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    Gotta put my 2 cents in for the fiestaware.  LOVE mine!  My fiance is a klutz and has never chipped mine in the 2 years we've been living together.  Can be bright and festive mixing and matching or just pick 1 color.  Also, they discontinue colors after awhile, so they actually go up in value.  GREAT stuff!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards