Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Mother in law gift.

I know it is customary for the bride to get the mother-in-law a gift.  My mother-in-law will not be able to attend the wedding due to recent surgery.  I was wondering if it would be tacky to send her something like a scrapbook/photo album.  I am taking pictures of the progress of the wedding, you know, the little stuff that parents and grand parents want to know, as well as putting out disposable cameras for guests to take pictures for us as well.  I thought this might be away for her to be at the wedding without actually being there.  Was hoping to get input or feedback or any ideas to build on.  Thanks!

Re: Mother in law gift.

• Options
    I think that sounds like a lovely idea.

I don't think it's necessarily traditional for the bride to get the mother-in-law a gift (I've never heard of that), but it's certainly customary for the couple to get their parents gifts (either as individuals, or as a couple).   Either way, I think what you have planned is a beautiful idea.

I think you might want to reconsider disposable cameras -- the pictures on those usually come out horribly.  Your guests will almost certainly take their own digital photos which they can post to facebook, email you, or submit to a photo-sharing website you set up (you can print out cards with the log-in and password to put on the reception tables).  If you use Shutterfly or a similar website, you can "build" a photo-album out of those photos really easily!  I just made albums for our parents for less than $50 each.  
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    Gifting a personalized canvas picture would be great idea. I f you have family picture, get it done on canvas and Viola!!!!

Something like this,
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards