Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Registries that offer % discount after wedding?

I'm on the fence about registering but if I do register is because I intend on buying some items after the wedding. I heard some stores give you a discount after the wedding for un-purchased items. Who does this and how much of a discount do they usually offer?

TIA!

Re: Registries that offer % discount after wedding?

• Options
    noodle_oonoodle_oo member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_registries-offer-discount-after-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:577386b6-4851-461a-81f9-b9cde245eabdPost:2fed71bf-2ba4-49e2-bec7-d8c07df2357d">Re: Registries that offer % discount after wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know that Bed Bath & Beyond offers a 10% off total purchase (from items on your registry) that can be used once in store and once online within 3 months after the wedding.
    Posted by fpaemp2011[/QUOTE]

Really?  We did not get this offer.  Just got married in August.

Macy's sent us a 10% off coupon that can be used as much as you want for 3 months after the wedding.  I think Crate and Barrel sends you a coupon for 10% off total purchase once (maybe once online and once in store).

Oh wait, you could be right about BBB.  But since you always get 20% off coupons, we didn't care that much.  Not sure if the 10% off can be combined with the 20% off coupons.  They do invite you to a special day when you can get 20% off your total purchase (no coupons needed), and you can buy anything (not just items you registered for).  They do this 4 times a year.
  • Options
    As PP mentioned, BBB does give a coupon for 10% off your entire purchase, but it's only good once in store and once online, and since we stockpile the 20% off coupons (and they let you use as many as you want regardless) it didn't matter.  Williams-Sonoma gives you 10% off as many times as you want, in-store and online, for I think 4 months after the wedding date.  Crate and Barrel gave us 10% off too, though I'm not sure of the terms (how many times, how long).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I just got a flyer in the mail yesterday from JC Penney.  They give you 10% off until your first anniversary.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Cool, thank you very much for the feedback!
  • Options
    All 3 of our registries (Crate & Barrel, Target, and BBB) offered a 10% discount after the wedding for items that hadn't been bought. Crate & Barrel offered the discount twice.. once online and once in stores.
  • Options
    Target offers 10% off total registry purchase, one day pass only.
  • Options
    logpowelllogpowell member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010
    Bed Bath and Beyond sent me an email saying that they were having a "Complete your registry" in-store event on a specific date where everything would be 20% off. I went and ended up with a coupon for 20% off my entire purchase that day - including those things that were not ever on my registry.  They were also nice enough to apply the 20% discount to those things that they had to order for me because the store was out of stock of some of my pots & pans.  I also received the 10% off coupon in the mail about a week after the wedding date.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards