Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Guest card box...

Does anyone know where to get cute guest card or gift card boxes for those who bring them to the wedding??
TIA!

Re: Guest card box...

• Options
    I got mine at Michaels. It's from the "Brides" line they carry (we got the invites, name cards & gift box there). I beleive it was only $20 and they always have coupons for 20% off so it was a bargin.
  • Options
    You can DYI, but I got mine at Hobby Lobby. The Bridal section is on sale this week 50% off. You can get it for $25.  The boxes at my HL disappear so fast when on sale, I ended up getting mine at reg price with a 40% coupon from their website, it ended up being $30
    image. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I did a DIY card box PIB

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the premade ones at craft stores and such. I think they're ugly and overpriced. I loved a lot of the DIY ones I saw in other knottie's bios so I took inspiration from there. Mine just looks like a giant present with a slit in the front for cards. It actually came out bigger than I intended but I don't mind because mine probably cost less than $8 to make. 
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I DIY'd mine: It took 3 different sized hat boxes, some wedding gift wrap, and then some ribbon and flower for accents.

Good Luck, hope you find what you need!

• Options
    DIY is the best way to go I think, these things can get super expensive, and in the end they are just a box. One thing to be careful of though is that it is easy to get the cards in, but difficult to get them out without it being really obvious. I know it sucks to say it or even think it, but people like to steal gifts from weddings, especially cards which most likely contain money or some form of money.
  • Options
    Thanks for all your ideas!! I think I am going to try the DIY route...I am doing my programs, guest book, OOT pamphlets, and well wishes book as well - might as well use some of the materials I got for those. Where is a good place to get boxes or hat boxes?? Michaels or Hobby Lobby?? Thinking of wrapping it in pretty fabric - maybe...might be hard to adhere things to though.
  • Options
    I worked at Pottery Barn Kids last year...

I bought this as our card box:

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/desk-mailboxes/

We painted it navy blue (our wedding color) and ordered 2 white monograms from Etsy to place on each side.  It looked GREAT, and it's now sitting in our house :)
  • Options
    Beau-Coupe.com is where I got mine....it's not a birdcage and not a box wrapped in paper. I think it's just the right size and really pretty!
  • Options
    I purchased all my supplies at Hobby Lobby.
  • Options
    Would any of you ladies (or gents) mind posting your instructions or photo's for your DIY card boxes?? I'd be forever appreciative! Thanks!! Or email mdargon at msl dot edu
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards