Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Another registry question

I recently had a shower, and while unloading the car a bunch of papers blew out. And just my luck the only one that landed in a puddle was the list of who had given what. Naturally the cards are no longer with the gifts. Two of my three registries tell me who bought what, but I can't figure out how to get the BBB registry to do that. It keeps telling me to log into the bridal toolkit, but it doesn't do anything. I feel like I'm working in circles. Has anyone experienced this that can offer up a solution? Thanks so much!

Re: Another registry question

• Options
    I think a better question would be is there a way to view gift purchase history or anything like that on my BBB registry?
  • Options
    I don't know of a way to do it yourself, but I was able to use the BBB online chat to ask who bought a particular item off my registry, which was easy enough.
  • Options
    I call shenanigans on this post.

#1, You honestly can't remember who gave what, even eliminating the gifts you received from other registries?
    #2, What kind of ink was used that the list is completely ruined?!?!
    #3, You can't ask the person who wrote the list for you? Or your mom?

Otherwise, calling BBB will work just fine.
  • Options
    1.) Why else would anyone need to know who gave them what if not thank you note writing? 2.) What was purchased was a lot of small kitchen utensils (from BBB). 3.) To my knowledge there was one piece of notebook paper in my car, and that's what landed in the puddle. Notebook paper becomes pretty fragile and useless after it gets completely soaked regardless of ink.
  • Options
    FancypantsamyFancypantsamy member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_another-registry-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:5ffbae51-813d-4c56-8713-d279a49c0740Post:5679dbb3-5dfa-46e0-9272-211232b0ee4c">Re: Another registry question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I call shenanigans on this post. #1, You honestly can't remember who gave what, even eliminating the gifts you received from other registries? #2, What kind of ink was used that the list is completely ruined?!?! #3, You can't ask the person who wrote the list for you? Or your mom? Otherwise, calling BBB will work just fine.
    Posted by itzMS[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>It seems like a pretty beign post to call MUD on. I mean, if it is MUD, I wonder what controversial topic the OP will come up with next - "One of my groomsmen didn't order the right size of shoes. I guess I'll either pay for the rush delivery or just let him wear plain black dress shoes. What would you do?!?!" </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_another-registry-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:5ffbae51-813d-4c56-8713-d279a49c0740Post:d242766d-0680-4ee1-a47e-db292d80a2eb">Re: Another registry question</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.) Why else would anyone need to know who gave them what if not thank you note writing? 2.) What was purchased was <strong>a lot of small kitchen utensils</strong> (from BBB). 3.) To my knowledge there was one piece of notebook paper in my car, and that's what landed in the puddle. Notebook paper becomes pretty fragile and useless after it gets completely soaked regardless of ink.
    Posted by wawbrey[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>OP, is there any way that you can remember the types of gifts given, like once you separate out stuff from the other registries and anything clear in your mind (Like I totally remember my cousin Elaine gave me a vegetable bowl and some table linens) - I'm sure it will be a smaller list to deal with then. At that point if you can't remember specifics, maybe ask your mom or someone else who's close to you and would have  been paying attention. And finally, if you're still stuck with a grouping of kitchen utensils and like 4 or 5 gift givers, I'd say maybe make your notes general to the type of thing they gave - there's no need to list out "Thank you for the strawberry huller and collapsable collender" instead you could write "Thank you so much - I just love cooking and your gift will make my kitchen even more efficiant and fun. It was really thoughtful of you". See, general, but doesn't scream "I lost my list! Thank you for your generic gift!"</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_another-registry-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:5ffbae51-813d-4c56-8713-d279a49c0740Post:7232eb40-641f-4d69-8e6c-0e379b9a430c">Re: Another registry question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another registry question : It seems like a pretty beign post to call MUD on. I mean, if it is MUD, I wonder what controversial topic the OP will come up with next - "One of my groomsmen didn't order the right size of shoes. I guess I'll either pay for the rush delivery or just let him wear plain black dress shoes. What would you do?!?!" 
    Posted by Fancypantsamy[/QUOTE]

I just find it funny that the piece of paper is apparently 100% destroyed and illegible now that it "landed in a puddle" and the OP is completely incapable of even remotely remembering what her lovely guests gave her. Think about it, it's just silly.

Anywho, enjoy your kitchen gadgets, OP.
  • Options
    I've had papers get destroyed because they were in my backpack in the rain. The ink runs and washes... so I really don't find this unbelievable.

Anyway, I would recommend asking your mom or bridal party to help you remember, once you eliminate based on the other two registries. If there are photos, look through those. Unless your shower was HUGE, I think you'll be  able to narrow it down pretty well. If not, at least you know where these things came from and what they were for (kitchen utensils). At least that way you can write a thoughtful note without naming the exact item they bought you. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My MOH and my mom were both paying good attention so that is where all of the info from the other items (towels, pillows, etc.) came from. We're just having a tough time with the random smaller things people generally buy multiple of like spatulas and whisks and dish towels. I will probably go with the suggestion of a more broad thank you note for the friends that gave those items. It seems like less trouble than calling and trying to piece it together. Although from now on, any list of that nature goes directly into my purse!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_another-registry-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:5ffbae51-813d-4c56-8713-d279a49c0740Post:9ce8a872-e6b1-4652-8cca-454aff18ef65">Re: Another registry question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another registry question : I just find it funny that the piece of paper is apparently 100% destroyed and illegible now that it "landed in a puddle" and the OP is completely incapable of even remotely remembering what her lovely guests gave her. Think about it, it's just silly. Anywho, enjoy your kitchen gadgets, OP.
    Posted by itzMS[/QUOTE]

I did think about it.  I remember what people gave me, but I wonder how much of that is from writing the thank you notes based off of the list my little cousin dutifully made for me. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_another-registry-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:5ffbae51-813d-4c56-8713-d279a49c0740Post:d242766d-0680-4ee1-a47e-db292d80a2eb">Re: Another registry question</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.) <strong>Why else would anyone need to know who gave them what if not thank you note writing?</strong> 2.) What was purchased was a lot of small kitchen utensils (from BBB). 3.) To my knowledge there was one piece of notebook paper in my car, and that's what landed in the puddle. Notebook paper becomes pretty fragile and useless after it gets completely soaked regardless of ink.
    Posted by wawbrey[/QUOTE]

<div>I just wanted to point out that, on the gift-<em>giving </em>side of things, people often hope that you'll think of them as you and your hubby use the gift they gave.</div><div>
    </div><div>I don't mean to give you a hard time since it's only small kitchen utensils you can't match up with the givers. (Though I will always think of my MIL when I use my wooden mixing spoons.)</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_another-registry-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:5ffbae51-813d-4c56-8713-d279a49c0740Post:805b7bc5-0b3c-49a7-9269-11b7e7cb9478">Re: Another registry question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to  Re: Another registry question : I just wanted to point out that, on the gift- giving side of things, people often hope that you'll think of them as you and your hubby use the gift they gave. I don't mean to give you a hard time since it's only small kitchen utensils you can't match up with the givers. (Though I will always think of my MIL when I use my wooden mixing spoons.)
    Posted by EK2013[/QUOTE]

That's precisely why I wanted to figure out if their website would help me out a little. My thank you cards for other things are very specific and say things like, "Thank you for the pillows! They're so soft and will look comfortable and inviting on our bed!" (More or less). I really despise generic thank you notes. But I decided, as I would likely not have named the individual gadgets per group anyways, that a simple, "Thank you for the kitchen gadgets! Fiancé and I both love cooking and baking, and they will make that even easier for us!" (More or less). Is that specific enough do you think? I saved those for last in case I was able to figure it out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards