Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Gift Table

Our ceremony and reception is at the same venue... The ceremony is in the great room of a lodge, and the reception in a baquet room just down the hallway. Naturally we were planning on putting the gift table in the reception room, or right outside it.

Would it be better to put it in the great room where the ceremony will be held? I feel like thats awkward, but it would also be awkward for our guests to sit with their gifts through the ceremony.

Any advice or suggestions?

Re: Gift Table

• Options
    If I was a guest, I would leave my gift in the car during the ceremony, and go out and get it during the cocktail hour.   I think in the hallway outside the reception room is probably fine.   
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    I know this is negative but you should put the table in a safe space.  There are way to many horror stories of gifts and cards going missing when they aren't being watched.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    To be honest, I'm not sure that I would have a "gift table" at all.  Three reasons: 
    1) Traditionally, you don't bring a gift to a wedding, you send it before or after to the couple, although I know in many cases this rule isn't followed.
    2) Gifts brought to weddings then have to be stored somewhere and transported home, some temporary storage location, or on the honeymoon.
    3) Gifts can get stolen or damaged at the wedding.

So, I'd arrange for gifts brought to the wedding to be stored in a secure place that's not out where people can see it, and have your bridal party and any DOC know the location of that place so if anyone brings a gift, they can direct the giver to that location where they can leave it.
  • Options
    I would not leave the gift table outside of your reception room. My venue told us we shouldnt even put it by the door, make sure it is in a safe place.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Have the gift table inside the reception room.  We don't expect many physical gifts, but we will have the traditonal card box.  It will be on a table near the cake and the sweetheart table.  Keep it in an area where foot traffic is high and there would be less chance for someone to swipe something.
  • Options
    ASk the venue manager where other patries kept their gift tables.. That will help you a lot in keeping it on best place. Also, tell someone to keep a close eye on this table. 
  • Options
    Thnks for the advice ladies! We will probably just put it in our reception room near the dessert table.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_gift-table-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:6b92965b-036b-4fac-9daf-d5e628575e66Post:47bee839-daab-4ddb-ad27-0e2a21dbeb73">Re: Gift Table</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thnks for the advice ladies! We will probably just put it in our reception room near the dessert table.
    Posted by ksblumb[/QUOTE]

I'd arrange for someone to keep an eye on it while your reception is going on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards