Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

FFF

I flame the weather yesterday. We had a groupon for 2 hours on a jet ski, we used it yesterday for Fi's birthday. It was so cold and choppy that we only used 45 minutes. 

Re: FFF

• edited December 2011
    i got hit by a pick up truck this morning.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-75?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:cd57e4ae-804c-4d13-8938-4ed04121d096Post:9c2ff726-3880-4bbf-89f0-258f5129b66c">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]i got hit by a pick up truck this morning.
    Posted by gisellehuet[/QUOTE]

What? I hope you're okay!!!
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-75?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:cd57e4ae-804c-4d13-8938-4ed04121d096Post:9c2ff726-3880-4bbf-89f0-258f5129b66c">Re: FFF</a>:

WHAT!?  Did you really?  Or is that how you feel?  I hope you're okay!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! I am sore and I have a really bad headache. Now to deal with the insurance...

• edited December 2011
    Oh no Giselle! I hope you are okay.

Yesterday was FI's bday and we used a Travelzoo group voucher for the Crescent Club downtown. I paid $59 for a 4-course meal for 2. While the view of downtown was amazing and service outstanding, the food was just mediocre. I really expected a lot more for something that was an "exclusive" club. Despite the voucher taking care of the food, we still got a bill at the end of the night for $148  - I almost had a heart attack seeing that! Given that $96 of it was our 6 glasses of wine, and the rest the service charge they automatically included. I wish they hadn't though cause I would have tipped better than that service charge.

We decided next birthday we stick to Kenny's in Addison.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • winechic25winechic25 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I flame the people on our guest list who haven't sent in their RSVP yet, deadlines today people! And when do do say something to somenone, they're like, do I really need to send that postcard in? Nope, I just like wasting money on printing and stamps for the heck of it!! Otherwise, LOVE this beautiful day!!! Happy Friday y'all!!
  • crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm sorry. That's terrible.
  • courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry Giselle!! That is never fun to deal with. I hope you're okay and everything is handled quickly :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-75?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:cd57e4ae-804c-4d13-8938-4ed04121d096Post:325d87a2-9e3c-4794-bf9e-c38e6212dfbe">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame the people on our guest list who haven't sent in their RSVP yet, deadlines today people! And when do do say something to somenone, they're like, do I really need to send that postcard in? Nope, I just like wasting money on printing and stamps for the heck of it!! Otherwise, LOVE this beautiful day!!! Happy Friday y'all!!
    Posted by winechic25[/QUOTE]

LOL we are having the opposite problem. We only sent out STDs and half of the family has already RSVP'd on our Web site. I love it.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • edited December 2011

Ugh, that is terrible!  I hope you're okay!

I flame the way I feel today.  I haven't had any appetite and I'm having a really hard time focusing.  My fourth period finished really quickly and I was completely unprepared, so I just gave them extra study time.
    Anniversary

• angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Giselle, I hope you are okay!  I have been in my fair share of accidents (fortunately ones I wasn't at fault in or no one would insure me anymore) but it's always a terrible feeling even if you aren't physically injured.  Keep tabs on that headache.  If it gets worse or lasts a long time, you should go get checked out just to make sure everything's okay.

I flame my laptop.  I have no idea why, but every few months it gets this genious idea to uninstall random things and/or stop working.  I get home today, excited to download some recipes and rush off to the store and the internet doesn't work.  Said it's connected but alas, web pages don't load.  Will have to wait until FI can look at it, but until this I get to use his super-sweet desktop with dual monitors.  :P
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!
  • Jen6862Jen6862 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Giselle--feel better...

Winechic--no worries... I had the same problem, but once I got both mom's on it the week after the deadline I got the rest of my responses and I emailed the others and got answers. And I'm down a few more since then because one of my friends father passed away. We were at 130 from 170 and I told the caterer 135 so we should be good! I'm going to add a few blank seating cards to the table for any unexpected guest to write themselves into an extra seat.

My flame is how painful my facial was today... I had one before and the person was not that exact/digging in the extractions. It hurt so bad. Beauty=pain. Also, I got my first bikini wax and it wasn't as painful as I though it would be. She also waxed my eyebrows, but I don't see a difference. And even with a gift card for $120 the bill was humongous. Humph.

Also, 1 week and 1 day!!!! So much to do... need to get packing.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-75?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:cd57e4ae-804c-4d13-8938-4ed04121d096Post:8f189ea1-11f9-4c78-b23f-bad77ce025f4">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Giselle --feel better... Winechic --no worries... I had the same problem, but once I got both mom's on it the week after the deadline I got the rest of my responses and I emailed the others and got answers. And I'm down a few more since then because one of my friends father passed away. We were at 130 from 170 and I told the caterer 135 so we should be good! I'm going to add a few blank seating cards to the table for any unexpected guest to write themselves into an extra seat. My flame is how painful my facial was today... I had one before and the person was not that exact/digging in the extractions. It hurt so bad. Beauty=pain. Also, I got my first bikini wax and it wasn't as painful as I though it would be. She also waxed my eyebrows, but I don't see a difference.<strong> And even with a gift card for $120 the bill was humongous.</strong> Humph. Also, 1 week and 1 day!!!! So much to do... need to get packing.
    Posted by Jen6862[/QUOTE]

WHAT!  I used to get waxes at the Nordstrom Spa and a bikini wax was only $45!
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards