Registry and Gift Forum
Options

so confused!

i know that you should register about 3 months usually before the wedding. that would be october. but my shower is going to be november 6. my maid of honor wanted to get it done before the holiday rush when everyone is to busy. i was thinking of registering when my FI comes home from westpoint. so about the second week in aug. is that to early?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
189 were invited image
66 are ready to rock!image
28 are party poopersimage
95 are lost trying to find the mailboximage
RSVP Date: January 15 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: so confused!

• Options
    Registering earlier is fine, the only problem is that stuff might get discontinued before the wedding, so you will have to keep an eye on it.  But you should definitely register before your shower invitations go out.
    Married 10/2/10
  • Options
    We registered 6 months out and nothing got discontinued in that time. Just try not to register for seaonal items like for Thanksgiving and Christmas and you should be fine.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We got engaged right before the holidays last year.  We registered early so that if anyone bought us engagement gifts/Christmas presents there was something to choose from.  We have just added and updated along the way.  There really haven't been many changes. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I started a registry really early (like 10 months before the wedding).  I had a bad itch to go shopping, but knew I shouldn't spend money.  Registering really hit the spot.  :) 

I don't think it is too early to register. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You do need to register before your shower, so just keep an eye on your registry.  Most of our items that were discontinued weren't discontinued until 2-4 months out.
  • Options
    I think you'll be fine, just keep an eye on it and update it as needed. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards