Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Box arrived...

Prestory: FI and I are waiting to close on our house and are currently living with his parents in the intermin. All our registries have the address for gifts as my parents house.

Question: just got home and found a box on the porch addressed to me c/o FI mom from BBB. FI parents are away so I left FMIL a message if she knows anything about it. I don't know what to do. Someone somehow got this address and shipped it here, but I don't know if I should open it or not, especially if FMIL doesn't know anything about it. WWYD?

I know normally you open any gifts received and send out TY right away, but this isn't where gifts are supposed to be shipped so I dunno what to do.

Thanks ladies!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Box arrived...

• Options
    I'm sure many people on your guest list are aware of where you are living.  Anyone could have picked a gift and shipped it directly to you c/o of your mother in law since that is your current address.  I don't find this situation that shocking. 

The box is addressed to you.  I'd open it.  You certainly don't need your mother in law's permission to open it.

The only thing that would give me pause if it was sent ahead of a surprise shower or something.  But, you didn't know - honest mistake. 
  • Options
    Yea, my "surprise shower" that no one knows I found out about is next weekend.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If someone was sending something ahead of time for a surprise shower, they wouldn't address it to you at an address that they know you are living at.  I think you should open it.

If it IS for the shower, then you can just try to act surprised next week.
    DSC_9275
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards