Registry and Gift Forum
Options

When did this happen!?!?!? (Just a Rant!)

So after the advice of my fellow knotties, I decided to register!  My favorite store....Pier 1.  I shop there at least 3-4 times a month, but guess what...no wedding registry!  Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: When did this happen!?!?!? (Just a Rant!)

• Options
    I used to manage one in 2010, as far as I know they never had a registry in store, and I don't believe they had one online. They change products EVERY MONTH so turn over is too fast
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    They definitely had one when I registered there in 2006! Guess they must've done away with it.
  • Options
    Yeah, the girl that I see EVERY week in the store, just told me they no longer offer it, though she didn't mention when they stopped!  BOOOOOOO!!!!  Now, if they would just fix the site so I could purchase stuff online, I'd be a happy camper!!!
  • Options
    I'm actually a store manager for a pier 1.  When I started 5 years ago, there was a bridal registry, the company did away with it about a year after I started....I get brides in multiple times per week asking for a registry, maybe someday :(
    Sorry!!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, and a couple of weeks ago, when I apologised to a bride for not offering a registry, she FREAKED OUT! Apparently she had "registered at Pier 1 Imports" printed onto her bridal shower invites!

Oooppps...she's obviously never been on the knot.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_did-this-happen-just-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:8959541b-821d-473e-a194-1065ca2e3b33Post:64bf4b8d-bbad-4bff-977e-d437f78e760e">Re: When did this happen!?!?!? (Just a Rant!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and a couple of weeks ago, when I apologised to a bride for not offering a registry, she FREAKED OUT! Apparently she had "registered at Pier 1 Imports" printed onto her bridal shower invites! Oooppps...she's obviously never been on the knot.
    Posted by chantelcutie7[/QUOTE]

lmao boo on her but kind of stupid to print those BEFORE you do a registry haha BUT you CAN send registry info in bridal shower invites just not regular invites
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Duh, oops on me.  I just keep thinking "word of mouth"  I spaced that it technically is ok for the bridal shower.
  • Options
    I would plan on putting aside some wedding money for the items you want from Pier One. You can have another registry for items that can't be found at Pier One as well. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards