Registry and Gift Forum

Best places to register?

Where have you found to be the best places to register?

Re: Best places to register?

• Like PP, I heard a lot of bad things about Target's registry. We opted for BB&B and about 7 things at Belk. You have to think of pricing for your guests and how easy it would be for them. Example: BB&B has stores everywhere and also online. Belk is mostly Southern, but all of my guest list is in the South. Plus they have online options as well. 
  • We registered at Bed Bath and Beyond as well as Pottery Barn.  Like PPs said, I've heard about a lot of issues with Target's registry.  I know Macys and Crate and Barrel are also pretty popular, at least where I live...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

• We went with Macy's and Crate and Barrel!
  • We did several, but by far the most fun and easiest was Crate and Barrel. We also enjoyed Macys. They had a great selection of fine china. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFetus Ticker
  • BBB and Crate and Barrel. Most appliances we got at BBB but we got our nice stoneware and other things we wanted to last FOREVER at C&B. For example, a cast iron skillet and a pizza stone.
  • We did Macy's, C & B, and Pottery Barn. At Macy's, most of the appliances & cookware go on sale, where it doesn't at BBB and C & B. We also got a 20% coupon for our registry completion at Macy's for about a month after our wedding, which we could use on sale items & our crystal & china. We used PB for bigger pieces & home decor that we wanted. C & B was primarily for everyday dishes/glasses, serving pieces, & kitchen stuff. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We also went with Amazon, that way if there were items from numerous stores it was a good day to have them all on one. We are also doing Macy's and BBB for people to have an in store option and not just online.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_best-places-to-register?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:89643bb9-d9f0-4fb1-b4a0-f74c846c12f3Post:d2e34085-b9f7-4b43-a8a4-3d1349752534">Re: Best places to register?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did Macy's, C & B, and Pottery Barn. At Macy's, most of the appliances & cookware go on sale, where it doesn't at BBB and C & B. We also got a 20% coupon for our registry completion at Macy's for about a month after our wedding, which we could use on sale items & our crystal & china. We used PB for bigger pieces & home decor that we wanted. C & B was primarily for everyday dishes/glasses, serving pieces, & kitchen stuff. 
    Posted by spartybride3[/QUOTE]

<div>Just to throw it out there, BBB also does a completion event for 20% off total purchase price. Also, BBB's stuff doesn't go on sale because it's already at a lower price. If you compare Macy's sale prices to BBB's everyday prices, you'll see they are the same. So that's why BBB's stuff doesn't go on sale. When I decided on a store to register at, I kept my guests in mind, and so I stuck with BBB for most everything. It didn't make any sense to me to register for an item at Macy's and have my guests have to wait for it to go on sale when it was already a lower price at BBB, and my guests could use a 20% off coupon as well. Just my two cents. :)</div>
  • You should check out http://myregistry.com Its an app that lets you add items from any website to their registry or add any existing registry to the list. You can add a wish for cash to the registry, and you can even add stores that don't have registries and ask for gift cards. It's super easy to use. My friends and I all use it for continual wish lists, and any major life events. You can connect to face book and twitter to let your friends and family know what you want, and you can even add things from pinterest.  
    ?We are formed and molded by our thoughts. Those whose minds are shaped by selfless thoughts give joy when they speak or act. Joy follows them like a shadow that never leaves them.? ~ Buddha
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_best-places-to-register?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:89643bb9-d9f0-4fb1-b4a0-f74c846c12f3Post:02c9a413-7038-49c2-a5fc-6985d7b3768a">Re: Best places to register?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You should check out <a href="http://myregistry.com" rel="nofollow">http://myregistry.com</a> Its an app that lets you add items from any website to their registry or add any existing registry to the list. You can<strong> add a wish for cash</strong> to the registry, and you can even add stores that don't have registries and <strong>ask for gift cards.</strong> It's super easy to use. My friends and I all use it for continual wish lists, and any major life events. You can connect to<strong> face book and twitter to let your friends and family know </strong>what you want, and you can even add things from pinterest.  
    Posted by smartn2sexy08[/QUOTE]

<div>Everything I highlighted is tacky.  Don't take this advice.</div><div>
    </div><div>I think CB has the best website - it's really sort of neat how it works, and I enjoy using it as a guest.  I don't enjoy using BBB's website, though like PP said it's pretty popular what with the 20% off coupons.  My one word of caution about BBB is that you really need to do your homework with their products.  They sell plenty of good-quality things but they also sell a lot of really cheap things that aren't going to last.  You should really do research on items at all stores, but be particularly cautious about BBB - don't just go scan gun happy in that store because you might regret it when your flatware rusts and blender breaks.</div><div>
    </div><div>For guests, BBB is probably the nicest overall because of coupons - that said, I rarely shop at BBB and I love coupons.  I just don't like that store.  Macy's is probably the best all-around store for the bride if you have a Macy's card (or have good enough credit to get a Macy's card).  Macy's gives you 10% back on everything you spend on that card (with only a few exclusions) and 5% back on everything your guests spend on your registry.  FI and I have probably accumulated around $50-$60 just on our own so far by buying things like gifts for people's birthdays, shoes and clothes for ourselves, etc... and we haven't had a single thing bought off of our registry there yet because it's too early.  I think doing both Macy's and BBB is a good solution, and put your pricier items at Macys (like china, crystal, etc) and some lower-priced items at BBB (like appliances).</div><div>
    </div><div>FWIW, FI and I are doing Macys, pottery barn, and CB.  We just like the quality of items at those places, and BBB overwhelmed us.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Like PP stated, myregistry.com is a pretty neat and user-friendly site. I'm using it by adding things from the pottery barn, kohls and target so it's all on one site. But I also agree with a PP- don't ask for gift cards- that's tacky. If people want to give you money towards a new house or something that's their choice, but gift cards are really tacky. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bed Bath and Beyond has been great for us.
  • Hey All Friends!!!

Nice to meet all of you. I gain some knowledge here so I am very happy because I get a chance to discuses in this community so I hope you will accompany with me.........

Thanks and nice day,

Regards.
    CrishTaition

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards