Registry and Gift Forum
Options

JCPenney Vent

I used to love JCPenney before they completely revamped their marketing. I was ok with the things they changed, but didn't think it would go over well with the public which of course is exactly what happened.

Even still, I do like their products and have had my eyes on a few items for years that I wanted to register for when the time came. The time has come and I have had nothing but problems registering with them online. I went to my local store and tried to register in person, but they said they no longer do that and the only way to register is to do so online. I'm very frustrated with this situation and am about to just delete the few items I have and register elsewhere.

There's really no reason for me to post this other to warn other brides and help them save their time when it comes to registering at this store. Thanks for reading!

Re: JCPenney Vent

• Options
    I'm sorry, that really is terrible service. It seems like most of the dept stores have gone downhill with registries
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_jcpenney-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:8db3e1d1-050d-43e6-a07b-70a50b98c785Post:1d7a9b26-cb44-4b1f-bd51-6f00f7fa7fd3">Re:JCPenney Vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry, that really is terrible service. It seems like most of the dept stores have gone downhill with registries
    Posted by Peledreamsofrain[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Pele. I agree. It makes no sense. They are losing millions.
  • Options
    Maybe you can do an amazon registry instead, and move your JCP items to their universal registry?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_jcpenney-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:8db3e1d1-050d-43e6-a07b-70a50b98c785Post:f39f47d3-017d-4cbb-9a74-ff02de1ea2f7">Re: JCPenney Vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe you can do an amazon registry instead, and move your JCP items to their universal registry?
    Posted by hoffse[/QUOTE]

You know, that's a really terrific idea. I think I will do that! Thanks, Hoffse!
  • Options
    I agree about the universal registry.   Sorry JCP is being so difficult...

BTW, that chapel is AMAZING. I'm jealous!!!
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    Yeah, I didn't even think of Amazon even though I use it several times a month. Thanks, Avion! I can't wait to share our pictures!
  • Options
    Is that picture of the Baughman Center in Gainesville?
  • Options
    Never mind, I just saw the name of the chapel above the picture.  I wonder if the same architect designed it?
  • Options
    In Response to Re:JCPenney Vent:[QUOTE]Never mind, I just saw the name of the chapel above the picture. nbsp;I wonder if the same architect designed it? Posted by HannahandJeremy[/QUOTE]

No, the one in Gainesville was designed by John Zona.

The Thorncrown Chapel was designed by E. Fay Jones. Thorncrown was listed fourth on the AIAs top ten buildings of the 20th century.

Source: Thorncrown.com
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_jcpenney-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:8db3e1d1-050d-43e6-a07b-70a50b98c785Post:9cbd77e1-548a-4c25-8604-b09fe835d6c5">Re: JCPenney Vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know if the rules are the same now, but when I worked there the employees were required to add anything purchased to the registry, even if the couple didn't register for it. This was during that horrible farm animal kitchen craze. Someone bought duck mugs and cow kitchenware for a bride.  People thought the bride really wanted them, and bought more of them.  I felt so sorry for that bride with the ugly duck mugs.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]
    What was the rational for this?  I would be so mad if I got a ton of stuff I never registered for because a store employee was told to add it without my verification.  Did JCP have a generous return policy?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards